• SURRENDERED GUN: Sheriff's deputies were called to a Nash Road home on Sunday where a resident turned over a pistol they had found while cleaning the house of a recently deceased relative. The unloaded gun was found in a sock and there was no sign of a permit. Deputies said the gun appeared to be a small caliber, possibly 22 or 25 caliber, and had Fabrique Nationale D'Armes De Guerre Herstal Belgique Browning's Patent Depose written on it. The gun has the number of 5525C written on it in three places and 35525C written on it once. A NYSPIN check of the firearm came up empty.
Town of Pendleton
• DWI: Joseph D. Kennedy, 29, 5948 Bear Ridge Road, was charged with DWI and speeding Saturday just before 11 p.m., the Niagara County Sheriff's Office said. He's due in Pendleton Town Court on Wednesday.
City of Tonawanda
• DWI: Ryan A. Keifman, 25, of Bedell Road, Grand Island, was charged Sunday with aggravated DWI, driving on the shoulder, speeding and driving left of the pavement markers. His blood alcohol content was 0.19 percent and he was held for court.
• DRUGS: Michael T. Eckard, 25, of Payne Avenue, North Tonawanda, was charged Saturday with unlawful possession of marijuana and driving on the shoulders. He was released on an appearance ticket.
• DWI: Andrew R. Dickinson, 23, of Raintree Island, Tonawanda, was charged at 6:58 p.m. Sunday with DWI, DWI drugs, unlawful possession of marijuana and speeding. He refused a breathalyzer and was held for court.