NIAGARA FALLS —
- ARREST: A Canadian man was arrested on drug charges Tuesday. Trevor Donald Grove, 24, 24 Commerford St., Thorold, Ont., was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana. Customs and Border Protection agents at the Rainbow Bride said they found 8.2 grams of marijuana in the trunk of the car Grove was driving as he tried to cross the bridge into the U.S. at 1:55 p.m. Tuesday.
- BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 1800 block of Pierce Avenue. A 36-year-old man told officers sometime between 6:30 p.m. Monday and 1:30 p.m. Tuesday someone broke into his vacant property by pulling boards off a window. The victim said an electric furnace was taken.
- ARRESTS: Two Falls men were arrested on drug charges. Durrell C. Tabb, 21, 2244 Pierce Ave. and Craig Antonio Crumpler, 21, 1317 Main St., Apt. 1, were each charged with fifth-degree criminal possession of marijuana. Crumpler was also charged with unsafe backing and no inspection. Officers said they were investigating reports of drug dealing in the 1500 block of Pierce Avenue at 11:29 a.m. Tuesday when they saw a car driven by Crumpler parked in the middle of the street and then backing up down the street. After stopping the vehicle, officers said they found over 29 grams of marijuana in the car and in Tabb’s possession.
- BURGLARY: Officers are looking into a burglary in the 400 block of 18th Street. A 55-year-old man told police sometime between 9 p.m. Monday and 8 a.m. Tuesday someone cut the lock off of a shed in his backyard. The victim said a power washer, a lawnmower and a snow blower were taken.
- DWI: Wendy M. Herbst, 37, 1558 Baseline Road, Grand Island, was arrested Monday for DWI near the corner of Wheatfield and Oliver streets. Herbst refused a blood alcohol test.
NIAGARA FALLS —
- Police Reports
BLOTTER: Police reports published March 10
Niagara County Sheriff's deputies were called to a Beattie Avenue home on Friday for a report of stolen deer meat.
BLOTTER: Police reports published March 9
Lockport police are investigating a woman found dead on Niagara Street Friday night.
FIRE CALLS: Niagara Falls fire reports published March 8
For the period of Feb. 17 to March 2, the Niagara Falls Fire Department responded to 219 calls. The total number of service calls for 2014 to date is 1,020.
BLOTTER: Police reports published March 8
The Niagara County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to a Carleton Lake Drive Home to help the South Lockport Fire Company with a forced entry into the home.
BLOTTER: Police reports published March 7
Police are investigating a burglary in the 3000 block of Welch Avenue.
BLOTTER: Police reports published March 6
William P. Garvey, 21, 1010 Ontario St., Apt. lower, Niagara Falls, was charged Monday with second-degree criminal contempt.
BLOTTER: Police reports published March 5
A raging fire that began inside an auto shop sent dozens of firefighters to Fletcher Street Tuesday evening, shutting down several blocks of the street and decimating a structure.
BLOTTER: Police reports published March 4
Officers are looking into a reported robbery in the area of Pine Avenue and Ninth Street. A 73-year-old man told police he as walking in that area at 8;30 p.m. Saturday when he was approached by two male suspects.
BLOTTER: Police reports published March 3
A Maspeth man was arrested following an altercation at 1:15 a.m. Saturday at a hotel in the 300 block of Sixth Street.
BLOTTER: Police reports published March 2
A Falls man was arrested following a reported theft at 10:08 p.m. Friday inside a casino in the 300 block of Fourth Street.
- More Police Reports Headlines
- BLOTTER: Police reports published March 10