• THEFT: Officers are looking into an SUV break-in in the 300 block of Sixth Street. A 24-year-old woman told police that sometime on Sept. 14 sometime broke into their 2010 Jeep Liberty by smashing a rear driver’s side window. The victim said two purses, a watch, two pairs of glasses, some shoes, a diamond necklace, a duffle bag, a suit, a pair of sneakers, a number of credit cards, a pair of boots, some T-shirts were taken.
• ARREST: A Falls teen was arrested after he attempted to stab two other men during an incident in the area of 29th Street and Pine Avenue at 11:20 a.m. Tuesday. Cordell Rashad Hilson, 16, 2714 Niagara St., was charged with two counts of second-degree menacing. A 42-year-old man told police he was leaving a store when Hilson approached him with a 6-inch long knife and attempted to stab him. The victim said he walked to a nearby business, where an employee came out and that Hilson then attempted to stab that men as well.
• ARREST: A Falls woman was arrested after a shoplifting incident at a store in the 1500 block of Military Road at 1:40 p.m. Tuesday. Shelby Nicole Veihdeffer, 21, 2825 Ferry Ave., was charged with petit larceny. She is accused of taking more than $127 worth of cosmetics without paying for the items.
• ARREST: A Falls woman was arrested after a shoplifting incident at a store in the 1500 block of Military Road at 4 p.m. Tuesday. Nancy Leemae Best, 30, 1801 Ontario Ave., Apt. 1, was charged with petit larceny. She is accused of taking more than $393 worth of merchandise without paying for it.
• THEFT: Police are investigating a theft from the 400 block of Ferry Avenue. An 80-year-old woman told officers that she woke up, at 2:12 a.m. Wednesday, when she heard a loud noise. The victim said she then discovered that someone had taken an air conditioner out of her front window.
• ASSAULT: Officers are looking into an assault in an alley in the 2700 block of Niagara Street. A 53-year-old man told police he was walking in the alley at 6:45 p.m. Tuesday when he was approached by four male juveniles who were trying to conceal their identities. The man said the juveniles demanded money and he kicked two of them in the head, knocking them to the ground. One of the suspects then hit the victim in the head with what was believed to be a BB gun. All four suspects then ran north down 30th Street.
• ROBBERY: Police are investigating the robbery of a cabbie in the 1900 block of Falls Street at 1:15 a.m. Wednesday. The cabbie told officers he was stopped to pick up a fare when he was approached by a man with a semi-automatic handgun stuck in his waistband. The suspect demanded cash and the cabbie gave him a small amount of money. The suspect then ran from the scene.
Town of Lockport
• CONTRABAND: Carly G. McEvoy, 23, 4914 Creek Road, Lewiston, was charged Tuesday with promoting prison contraband. A Niagara County Jail inmate, McEvoy was arrested by the Lewiston Police earlier in the day. During a search, McEvoy was found with a black folding knife that had a 4-inch blade.