• THEFT: Officers are looking into a car break-in in a parking lot in the 700 block of Whirlpool Street. A 64-year-old woman told police that sometime between 1:50 and 3:25 p.m. Saturday someone broke into his 2013 Ford Escape by smashing the front passenger-side window. The victim said her purse was taken.
• THEFT: Police are looking for the suspect who stole an industrial vacuum from a car wash in the 1100 block of Whitney Avenue. The owner of the car wash told officers that a man used his car to knock the vacuum over and then took it. The incident happened at 1:31 a.m. Monday and was captured on videotape by surveillance cameras. Officers also recovered additional evidence tied to the suspect at the crime scene.
• BURGLARY: Officers are looking into an attempted burglary at a junk yard in the 2500 block of 24th Street. The business owner told police that sometime between 3 p.m. Friday and 1 p.m. Monday someone entered his scrap yard and broker into a tool trailer. The victim said four aluminum lights were taken from the property.
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested after he threw a brick at a pregnant woman in the 1700 block of Ashland Avenue. William E. Scarbrough, 22, 2949 22nd St., was charged with attempted second-degree assault and second-degree menacing. The victim told police she was sitting on her porch, at 5:20 p.m. Monday, when Scarbrough walked up to her with a knife in his hand. An argument began between the victim, a witness and Scarbrough. At one point, Scarbrough told the victim, "I don't give a (expletive) if you're pregnant, I'll kill you and your baby." When the witness threatened Scarbrough with a shovel, the suspect said he was going to get a gun. As Scarbrough began to walk away, he picked up a brick and threw it at the woman, but did not hit her. Scarbrough was picked up by officers, a short time later, a few blocks from where the incident took place.
• THEFT: Police are investigating an SUV break-in in the 2200 block of Cleveland Avenue. A 20-year-old man told officers that sometime between 10 p.m. Sunday and 4:30 p.m. Monday, someone broke into his 2000 Jeep Cherokee by smashing the front passenger side window. The victim said $3 in change was taken.