• FIRE: On Oct. 22, firefighters responded to a call of a fire in the passenger compartment of a vehicle, at 10:25 p.m., in the 200 block of 77th Street. Engine 7's crew of Captain Mark Lanoye and Firefighters Dave Beahen, and Chuck DelGobbo advanced a hoseline and extinguished the fire. The cause of the blaze was determined to be suspicious. A fire marshall and police arson detective were called to investigate. Damage was estimated at $3,000.
• ACCIDENT: On Oct. 24, a vehicle rollover, at 11:30 a.m., at the intersection of Packard Road and Simmons Avenue sent two rigs for first aid and possible fire suppression. The "Jaws of Life" were needed to extricate the victims out of the vehicle and three patients were transported to area hospitals.
• FIRE: On Oct. 25, a report of a fire in a bathroom in the 2400 block of North Avenue, at 6:22 a.m., required a full assignment from Platoon 3 to respond. An electrical malfunction in the ceiling fan was the cause of the fire and damage was limited to $200.
• FIRE: On Oct. 28, Platoon 1 went to a stove fire, at 9:41 a.m., in the 500 block of Third Street. While the fire was relatively easily extinguished, numerous illegal wiring situations were noticed in the apartment and a building inspector was called to review the problems.