- ARREST: A Falls teen was arrested on drug and traffic charges. Michael J. Paonessa III, 17, 5698 Lindbergh Ave., was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, speeding and unlawful possession of marijuana. Paonessa was stopped in the area of 19th and Niagara streets at 5:56 p.m. Thursday by Roving Anti-Crime Unit officers. After being stopped, Paonessa was found to be in possession of a baggie containing marijuana.
- BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 500 block of 19th Street. A building caretaker told officers that sometime between Feb. 14 and 4:24 p.m. Thursday, someone broke into his property by kicking in a door. The man said 140 copper pipe were taken.
- HARASSMENT: George F. Niles, 46, no reported address, was charged with second-degree harassment Wednesday. A Niagara Falls Boulevard man told deputies he and Niles were arguing about money in a parking lot on the boulevard when Niles grabbed him by the neck and pushed him up against a vehicle. The victim refused medical treatment on the scene. Niles later turned himself in at Wheatfield Town Court. He was released on his own recognizance.
City of Lockport
- ALCOHOL: Michael J. Sutton, 39, 272 Green St., was charged with criminal nuisance, and Timothy M. Sootheran, 19, 4 Walnut St., lower, was charged with three counts of first-degree unlawful dealing with a child early Thursday. Officers saw three juvenile girls stumbling in the road on Green Street just before midnight. The girls said they had been drinking at Sutton’s house, where Sutton and Sootheran allegedly served them Bacardi rum with orange juice and 7-Up. The girls’ parents were contacted and Sutton and Sootheran were taken into custody. Sutton was held in lieu of $100 bail and Sootheran was held in lieu of $500 bail. Both are due Monday in Lockport City Court.
- Police Reports
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 23
Thirteen vehicles on or near East High Street in the Town of Lockport were entered between 2 and 7 a.m. Sunday, the Niagara County Sheriff's Office reported.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 22
A Falls man was arrested on a weapons-related charge after he threatened a group of teens with a rifle in the 2400 block of Grand Avenue at around 3:20 p.m. Sunday.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 21
Thomas G. Case, 24, 2125 Lockport St., and Sean C. Flores, 25, 1034 Michigan Ave., were each charged with unlawful possession of marijuana about 7:30 p.m. Friday, according to sheriff's deputies.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 20
Police are looking for a suspect in an assault in the 700 block of Spruce Avenue.
FIRE CALLS: Niagara Falls fire reports published July 19
For the period of July 7 to 13, the Niagara Falls Fire Department responded to 145 calls. The total number of service calls for 2014 to date is 3,544. The following calls were reported:
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 19
Police are investigating a robbery in the area of 13h Street and Pierce Avenue.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 18
Police are investigating a theft from a vending machine at the Seneca Niagara Casino.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 17
A resident on the 1900 block of Whitney Avenue told police that they were awoken by a neighbor about 10 p.m. Monday and told two men had just ran from her yard pushing a shopping cart.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 16
A deputy was called to Saunders Settlement Road by a witness who said they were following a vehicle whose occupants had just dumped branches onto the shoulder of Blacknose Spring Road.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 15
Sheriff's deputies were called to Niagara Falls Boulevard Monday for a report of a stolen ATV.
- More Police Reports Headlines
- BLOTTER: Police reports published July 23