- ARREST: A Falls teen was arrested on drug and traffic charges. Michael J. Paonessa III, 17, 5698 Lindbergh Ave., was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, speeding and unlawful possession of marijuana. Paonessa was stopped in the area of 19th and Niagara streets at 5:56 p.m. Thursday by Roving Anti-Crime Unit officers. After being stopped, Paonessa was found to be in possession of a baggie containing marijuana.
- BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 500 block of 19th Street. A building caretaker told officers that sometime between Feb. 14 and 4:24 p.m. Thursday, someone broke into his property by kicking in a door. The man said 140 copper pipe were taken.
- HARASSMENT: George F. Niles, 46, no reported address, was charged with second-degree harassment Wednesday. A Niagara Falls Boulevard man told deputies he and Niles were arguing about money in a parking lot on the boulevard when Niles grabbed him by the neck and pushed him up against a vehicle. The victim refused medical treatment on the scene. Niles later turned himself in at Wheatfield Town Court. He was released on his own recognizance.
City of Lockport
- ALCOHOL: Michael J. Sutton, 39, 272 Green St., was charged with criminal nuisance, and Timothy M. Sootheran, 19, 4 Walnut St., lower, was charged with three counts of first-degree unlawful dealing with a child early Thursday. Officers saw three juvenile girls stumbling in the road on Green Street just before midnight. The girls said they had been drinking at Sutton’s house, where Sutton and Sootheran allegedly served them Bacardi rum with orange juice and 7-Up. The girls’ parents were contacted and Sutton and Sootheran were taken into custody. Sutton was held in lieu of $100 bail and Sootheran was held in lieu of $500 bail. Both are due Monday in Lockport City Court.
- Police Reports
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 31
Officers are looking into a van break-in in the 1700 block of Walnut Avenue.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 30
Police are investigating a burglary in the 700 block of Seventh Street.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 29
Police are investigating a burglary in the 2700 block of Falls Street.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 28
A Falls woman was arrested twice between 5:20 p.m. Friday and 4:41 a.m. Sunday after police found her in possession of hypodermic needles and drug paraphernalia.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 27
Keesean D. Barnes, 17, 618 Dorwood Park, was charged with second-degree harassment July 24, on the signed complaint of another Ransomville resident, according to the sheriff's office.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 26
Police are investigating a burglary in the 800 block of Division Avenue.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 25
Police are investigating a burglary in the 700 block of Eighth Street.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 24
A 42-year-old Falls man told police that he was robbed by two men in front of Spallino Towers about 12:15 a.m. Wednesday.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 23
Thirteen vehicles on or near East High Street in the Town of Lockport were entered between 2 and 7 a.m. Sunday, the Niagara County Sheriff's Office reported.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 22
A Falls man was arrested on a weapons-related charge after he threatened a group of teens with a rifle in the 2400 block of Grand Avenue at around 3:20 p.m. Sunday.
- More Police Reports Headlines
- BLOTTER: Police reports published July 31