- ARREST: A Falls teen was arrested on drug and traffic charges. Michael J. Paonessa III, 17, 5698 Lindbergh Ave., was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, speeding and unlawful possession of marijuana. Paonessa was stopped in the area of 19th and Niagara streets at 5:56 p.m. Thursday by Roving Anti-Crime Unit officers. After being stopped, Paonessa was found to be in possession of a baggie containing marijuana.
- BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 500 block of 19th Street. A building caretaker told officers that sometime between Feb. 14 and 4:24 p.m. Thursday, someone broke into his property by kicking in a door. The man said 140 copper pipe were taken.
- HARASSMENT: George F. Niles, 46, no reported address, was charged with second-degree harassment Wednesday. A Niagara Falls Boulevard man told deputies he and Niles were arguing about money in a parking lot on the boulevard when Niles grabbed him by the neck and pushed him up against a vehicle. The victim refused medical treatment on the scene. Niles later turned himself in at Wheatfield Town Court. He was released on his own recognizance.
City of Lockport
- ALCOHOL: Michael J. Sutton, 39, 272 Green St., was charged with criminal nuisance, and Timothy M. Sootheran, 19, 4 Walnut St., lower, was charged with three counts of first-degree unlawful dealing with a child early Thursday. Officers saw three juvenile girls stumbling in the road on Green Street just before midnight. The girls said they had been drinking at Sutton’s house, where Sutton and Sootheran allegedly served them Bacardi rum with orange juice and 7-Up. The girls’ parents were contacted and Sutton and Sootheran were taken into custody. Sutton was held in lieu of $100 bail and Sootheran was held in lieu of $500 bail. Both are due Monday in Lockport City Court.
- Police Reports
BLOTTER: Police reports published April 21
Falls police are investigating a reported harassment at 6:30 p.m. Friday in the 500 block of 19th Street.
BLOTTER: Police reports published April 20
Police responded to a nuisance complaint of an ongoing fight at 5:52 p.m. Friday in the 2200 block of Grand Avenue.
BLOTTER: Police reports published April 19
Police are investigating an armed robbery in the alley of the 1700 block of 24th Street.
BLOTTER: Police reports published April 18
Police are investigating a theft from a convenience store in the 2600 block of Niagara Street. A clerk told officers that four suspects, two males and two females, entered the store at 5:32 a.m. Wednesday and one of the women brought several items to the counter and paid for them with a New York state benefit card.
BLOTTER: Police reports published April 17
A Ransomville man with alcohol-related convictions was charged with felony driving while intoxicated Sunday night, the Niagara County Sheriff's Office said.
BLOTTER: Police reports published April 16
A Niagara Falls man told police that he was attacked by two men while walking by himself Monday evening in the 600 block alleyway between 19th and 20th streets.
BLOTTER: Police reports published April 15
Lockport police quickly caught up with two teens charged with breaking into a Main Street restaurant early Sunday morning.
BLOTTER: Police reports published April 14
A 54-year-old motorcyclist was flown to Erie County Medical Center by Mercy Flight after he collided with another motorcycle on Hartland Road Saturday afternoon.
BLOTTER: Police reports published April 13
A Lockport man was flown by Mercy Flight to Erie County Medical Center after a car-motorcycle collision on Fisk Road Friday afternoon.
BLOTTER: Police reports published April 12
Police are investigating a burglary in the 2500 block of 29th Street. An agent with the CSX Railroad Security Department told officers that sometime between April 4 and noon Monday, someone forced open the door to a storage shed on his company’s property.
- More Police Reports Headlines
- BLOTTER: Police reports published April 21