- ARREST: A Falls teen was arrested on drug and traffic charges. Michael J. Paonessa III, 17, 5698 Lindbergh Ave., was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, speeding and unlawful possession of marijuana. Paonessa was stopped in the area of 19th and Niagara streets at 5:56 p.m. Thursday by Roving Anti-Crime Unit officers. After being stopped, Paonessa was found to be in possession of a baggie containing marijuana.
- BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 500 block of 19th Street. A building caretaker told officers that sometime between Feb. 14 and 4:24 p.m. Thursday, someone broke into his property by kicking in a door. The man said 140 copper pipe were taken.
- HARASSMENT: George F. Niles, 46, no reported address, was charged with second-degree harassment Wednesday. A Niagara Falls Boulevard man told deputies he and Niles were arguing about money in a parking lot on the boulevard when Niles grabbed him by the neck and pushed him up against a vehicle. The victim refused medical treatment on the scene. Niles later turned himself in at Wheatfield Town Court. He was released on his own recognizance.
City of Lockport
- ALCOHOL: Michael J. Sutton, 39, 272 Green St., was charged with criminal nuisance, and Timothy M. Sootheran, 19, 4 Walnut St., lower, was charged with three counts of first-degree unlawful dealing with a child early Thursday. Officers saw three juvenile girls stumbling in the road on Green Street just before midnight. The girls said they had been drinking at Sutton’s house, where Sutton and Sootheran allegedly served them Bacardi rum with orange juice and 7-Up. The girls’ parents were contacted and Sutton and Sootheran were taken into custody. Sutton was held in lieu of $100 bail and Sootheran was held in lieu of $500 bail. Both are due Monday in Lockport City Court.
- LARCENY: Wanda Lee Davis, 41, 129 Lock St., upper, was charged with petit larceny Wednesday. Davis allegedly stole a stroller/car seat, worth $239, from the common hallway of her apartment building Feb. 3 and sold it to another person for $50. Davis was released on her own recognizance and is due Monday in Lockport City Court.
Town of Lockport
- SHOPLIFTING: David Allen Burley, 22, 7765 Akron Road, was charged with petit larceny Wednesday. Burley allegedly tried to steal three boxes of Kool-Aid from Big Lots on South Transit Road. When deputies stopped Burley outside the store, he appeared to be hiding the boxes under his coat, the report said. Upon the deputies’ request, Burley placed the boxes, together worth $15, on the hood of his car. Burley reportedly told deputies he’d planned on stealing sugar from Dollar General, but he put it back and instead went to Big Lots. Burley is being held in lieu of $250 bail.
- SHOPLIFTING: Cori Lynn Hubert, 24, 3624 Day Road, Lockport, was charged with petit larceny Thursday. A cashier at Tops Market, Lockport Olcott Road, told deputies she saw Hubert walk down the aisles about 2:26 a.m. with several items in her hand. Hubert allegedly left the store without paying. Employees stopped her and she reportedly admitted to taking the items, which included several makeup products, together worth $44.08. Hubert was held in lieu of $250 bail.
- VANDALISM: A Corwin Station man reported Wednesday that someone damaged a blue spruce tree in his front yard. It appears someone tried to pull the tree down using a vehicle, the report said. Damage was estimated at $500.
- Police Reports
BLOTTER: Police reports published March 11
Police are investigating a robbery in the 9100 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard.
BLOTTER: Police reports published March 10
Niagara County Sheriff's deputies were called to a Beattie Avenue home on Friday for a report of stolen deer meat.
BLOTTER: Police reports published March 9
Lockport police are investigating a woman found dead on Niagara Street Friday night.
FIRE CALLS: Niagara Falls fire reports published March 8
For the period of Feb. 17 to March 2, the Niagara Falls Fire Department responded to 219 calls. The total number of service calls for 2014 to date is 1,020.
BLOTTER: Police reports published March 8
The Niagara County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to a Carleton Lake Drive Home to help the South Lockport Fire Company with a forced entry into the home.
BLOTTER: Police reports published March 7
Police are investigating a burglary in the 3000 block of Welch Avenue.
BLOTTER: Police reports published March 6
William P. Garvey, 21, 1010 Ontario St., Apt. lower, Niagara Falls, was charged Monday with second-degree criminal contempt.
BLOTTER: Police reports published March 5
A raging fire that began inside an auto shop sent dozens of firefighters to Fletcher Street Tuesday evening, shutting down several blocks of the street and decimating a structure.
BLOTTER: Police reports published March 4
Officers are looking into a reported robbery in the area of Pine Avenue and Ninth Street. A 73-year-old man told police he as walking in that area at 8;30 p.m. Saturday when he was approached by two male suspects.
BLOTTER: Police reports published March 3
A Maspeth man was arrested following an altercation at 1:15 a.m. Saturday at a hotel in the 300 block of Sixth Street.
- More Police Reports Headlines
- BLOTTER: Police reports published March 11