• THEFT: Officers are looking into a car break-in in the 2400 block of Ontario Avenue. A 29-year-old man told police that sometime between 1:30 and 5:30 a.m. Sunday, someone broke into his unlocked 1993 Mercury Marquis. The victim said his waller was taken.
• ROBBERY: Police are investigating an armed robbery at a store in the 2400 block of Pine Avenue. An assistant manger told officers a male suspect entered the store at 2:15 p.m. Monday and claimed that he had a gun and "would shoot.' The suspect also demanded "all the money" in the cash register and warned the manager not to "push any alarms." The victim give the suspect an undisclosed amount of cash and he ran from the store, going south down the alley between 24th and 25th streets.
• THEFTS: Officers are looking into pair of car break-ins in a parking lot in the 200 block of First Street. A maintenance man told police that between 4:40 p.m. Sunday and 9:15 a.m. Monday, someone broke into a 2002 Mercedes-Benz and a Chevy Cruse by smashing their windows. Victims told officers some sunglasses, perfume and purses were taken.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 400 block of 77th Street. A 59-year-old woman told officers that sometime between 12:15 and 4:30 p.m. Monday, someone broke into her by breaking a basement window. The victim said a laptop computer was taken.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into a theft from the 4400 block of Porter Road. A project supervisor told police that sometime between 3:30 p.m. Saturday and 7 a.m. Monday, someone took a Kubota RTV from his construction site.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 1600 block of South Avenue. A 32-year-old woman told officers that sometime between 11 a.m. and 11 p.m. Saturday, someone broke into her home by unknown means. The victim said a PlayStation3 games system, games and two pairs of Jordan sneakers were taken from the house.
• ARREST: A Falls man is in custody after he attempted to rob a convenience store in the 2600 block of Niagara Street at 9 p.m., Monday. Jacob S. Ruhl, 23, 531 24th St., was charged with first-degree robbery. A store clerk said Ruhl came into the store and confronted him. Ruhl reportedly told the victim to, "Give me the money, give me the money, I'm not (expletive) playing." Ruhl also told the victim not to activate an alarm. The clerk said he "froze and could not speak" and that Ruhl then ran from the store. Ruhl was captured by police a short time later, not far from the crime scene.
• SHOOTING: Police are investigating a shooting in the 1500 block of Willow Avenue. A 41-year-old man told officers he was lying in bed at 10 p.m. Monday, when he heard a gunshot and "observed plaster and dust fly from the bedroom wall." The man said he got up to go to the window and heard four more gunshots. He said when he got to the window he did not see any suspects.
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested on drunken driving and drug charges after a traffic stop on Colvin Boulevard at 1:54 a.m. Tuesday. John C. Bevilacqua, 48, 423 103rd St., was charged with driving while intoxicated, unlawful possession of marijuana and an equipment violation.
• ROBBERY: Police are investigating the robbery of a homeless woman in the park outside Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center. The 49-year-old woman told officers she was sleeping on a park bench at 2:33 a.m. Tuesday, when a male suspect took her purse that was strapped over her shoulder. The victim said she last saw the suspect running west on 10th Street.