• THEFT: Police are investigating a theft from a home between 2:15 and 2:30 p.m. Friday in the 1000 block of 20th Street. The victim, a 68-year-old man, said $325 cash was taken, left out on an end table after withdrawing it from the bank. He said he left the house with his long-time girlfriend home. She said she invited a friend over who brought a young man with him. She said she left the room and her friend went to the bathroom, leaving the younger man alone with the money. Soon after, the friend and younger man left the house. When confronted, the friend reportedly said he didn’t steal the money, but was unable to provide much information about the younger man other than a nickname.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a reported burglary between 1 and 3:10 p.m. from a house in the 500 block of 29th Street. The victim, a 50-year-old woman, said she returned to her home and noticed her back gate open. When she entered her home, she then noticed a window open and called the police to check inside for safety. After her house was cleared, she told police $205 cash, two gold necklaces, a diamond engagement ring, stud earrings and a silver bracelet were taken from various locations inside. Including damage to the window, she said the value of the incident is $1,270.
• THEFT: Police are investigating a reported theft at 6:05 p.m. Friday from an apartment in the 500 block of 19th Street. The victim, a 19-year-old man, said a youth visited his apartment for a party, which was canceled. Feeling upset by the lack of a good time, the victim said, the youth grabbed his cellphone off a table and fled the building. The victim said the device is valued at $100.
• THEFTS FROM VEHICLES: Police are investigating a pair of reported thefts from vehicles between 7 and 7:52 p.m. Friday parked at a restaurant in the 1500 block of Military Road. The first victim, a 40-year-old Scarborough, Ont. man, told police someone shattered the rear passenger-side window of his minivan and took three pairs of sneakers. The second victim, a 33-year-old Grafton, Ont. woman, said someone shattered the rear passenger window of her sport utility vehicle and removed $45 cash. Her vehicle, police report, also showed signs of being tampered with to get the window open, resulting in estimated damages of $1,500.
• THEFT: Police are investigating a theft reportedly at 9:30 p.m. outside a store in the 1500 block of Pierce Avenue. The victim, a 30-year-old man, said someone stole his bicycle while he was inside. He told police he noticed a man dressed in red jump on his bicycle and pedal away towards 17th Street.