• ASSAULT: Officers are looking for a suspect in connection with an assault in the area of 24th Street and Cleveland Avenue at 10:40 p.m. Tuesday. A 28-year-old man told police he was walking in the area when he saw a man hit a woman. The victim said he intervened to protect the woman and the man picked up a pitch fork that was lying nearby and stabbed him in the arm.
• THEFT: Police are investigating an SUV break-in in the 6600 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard. A 24-year-old woman told officers that sometime between 6:30 and 9:21 p.m. Tuesday someone broke into her 2008 Dodge Nitro by smashing a rear driver’s-side window. The victim said a cooler, a purse and a passport were taken.
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested on drug and gun charges after narcotics detectives caught him dealing crack cocaine from his wheelchair. Frank Murphy, 28, 1101 Walnut Ave,, Apt. 2, was charged with third- and fifth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and second-degree criminal possession of a weapon. Detectives said they responded to community complaints and spotted Murphy, sitting in his wheelchair at 9:10 p.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of Ferry Avenue. When the detectives approached Murphy, they said he threw a pistol into a nearby pile of dirt and “rolled away.” Detectives said they found Murphy in possession of a quantity of crack and recovered the pistol.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 500 block of Seventh Street, A 30-year-old man told officers that sometime between 6 and 7:15 p.m. Tuesday someone broke into a home he was working on by breaking a side window. The victim said a quantity of copper pipe was taken.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into an SUV break-in in the area of Niagara and First streets. A 61-year-old man told police that sometime between 7 and 8 p.m. Tuesday someone broke into his 2006 Kia Sorento by smashing the rear driver’s-side window. The victim said a laptop computer and 25 CDs were taken.