• ROBBERY: Police are investigating a robbery in the 300 block of 22nd Street. A 25-year-old employee of an electrical company told officers that he was driving a company truck to a call in the 1900 block of Falls Street at 10:35 a.m. Tuesday when he turned left on 22nd Street to position his vehicle. As he drove down the street, a man blocked his way by standing in the middle of the roadway. When the victim stopped his truck, a second suspect walked up to the driver’s side door, pointed a black, semi-automatic handgun at him and demanded his cell phone and wallet. The victim gave the suspect his wallet and phone and then drove away as the suspects fled the scene.
• BURGLARY: Officers responded to a burglary in progress in the 1500 block of 15th Street at 4 p.m. Tuesday. Police said when they arrived on the scene, they found an open basement window in a home and could see water spraying from an open pipe. The home owner later told officers that it appeared that a quantity of copper pipe had been removed from the basement.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 2400 block of LaSalle Avenue. A 58-year-old woman told officers that sometime between 8:30 a.m. and 5:35 p.m. Tuesday, someone broke into her home by kicking-in a side door. The victim said a laptop computer and a quantity of collectable coins were taken.
• ROBBERY: Officers are looking into a robbery in the 1400 block of Hyde Park Boulevard. A 29-year-old man told police he was meeting a friend at 8:30 p.m. Tuesday and when he arrived a suspect was standing with his friend. The suspect punched the victim in the face and then took his cell phone and cash that he had in his pants pocket.
• DWI: Steven W. McGinnis, 28, of Lockport Road, Town of Niagara, was arrested Wednesday for DWI, DWAI and possession of marijuana. He was released on his own recognizance.