Olcott Fire Co. responded and helped the pair to safety. No injuries were reported.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 1800 block of Linwood Avenue. A 29-year-old man told officers that sometime between 4:30 and 6:30 p.m. Monday someone took more than $1,300 worth of tools and equipment that he had left on the first landing and in the basement of his home. Officers said there was no sign of forced entry into the home.
• ARREST: Park Police arrested a tourist in the state park at 3:55 a.m. Tuesday. Jeremiah D. Green, 24, Vail, Colo., was charged with second-degree criminal possession of a weapon and unlawful possession of marijuana.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into an SUV break-in in the 100 block of Main Street. A 42-year-old man told police that sometime between 4:30 and 5:15 p.m. Tuesday someone broke into his 2014 Toyota RAV4 by smashing a passenger-side window. The victim said an iPad mini, an HD Kindle, a Nintendo DS and a purse were taken.
• ARREST: A Lockport woman was arrested after a shoplifting incident at a store in the 1800 block of Pine Avenue at 6:40 p.m. Tuesday. Sherina Renee Harper, 38, 159 Genessee St., was charged with petit larceny and fifth-degree criminal possession of stolen property. Harper is accused of taking $24 worth of candles without paying for them.
• VANDALISM: Police are investigating an act of vandalism in the 3200 block of Michigan Avenue. A 45-year-old man told officers that sometime between 11:30 p.m. Monday and 7:40 p.m. Tuesday someone cut all the connector cables to the exterior cameras of his home security surveillance system.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into a car break-in in the 6500 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard. A 25-year-old woman told police that sometime between 9:30 p.m. Tuesday and 12:20 a.m. Wednesday someone broke into her 2007 Chevy Cobolt by smashing a passenger-side window. The victim said a laptop computer, an external hard drive and a purse were taken.