• ROBBERY: Police are investigating an armed robbery in the alley of the 1700 block of 24th Street. A 34-year-old man told officers he was walking in that area at 11:10 p.m. Thursday, when he was approached by two male suspects. The victim said one of the suspects pulled out a small, black revolver and told him to empty his pockets. After dropping his cell phone, keys and a “rolled up Kleenex” on the ground, the victim said one of the suspects pushed him to the ground and then went through his pants pockets. Both suspects then ran from the scene.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into a shoplifting incident at a store in the 2600 block of Niagara Street. A store manager told police security cameras captured video of a male suspect putting boxes of candy into a garbage bag, at 12:59 a.m., Thursday, and then leaving the store without paying for the merchandise. The stolen candy is valued at more than $650.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 2700 block of Woodlawn Avenue. A property owner told officers that sometime between 4 p.m., Sunday, and 10:25 a.m., Thursday, someone entered his vacant home through an open window. The victim said “a couple hundred feet of copper piping” was taken from the property.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into a shoplifting incident at a store in the 8000 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard. An employee told police that a male suspect entered the store at 6:50 p.m. Thursday and took a cell phone. The suspect ran form the store and was seen running east on Niagara Falls Boulevard.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 1800 block of Jerauld Avenue. A property owner told officers that between 11:15 p.m., Wednesday, and 8:26 a.m., Thursday, someone entered his unoccupied home by breaking a rear window. The owner said the home was ransacked and a full-length, mink coat, a full-length, leather coat, a full-length, rabbit coat and a rain coat were taken.
• BURGLARY: Officers are looking into a burglary in the 2700 block of Forest Avenue. A 52-year-old man told police that sometime between 7:30 a.m. and 4:40 p.m., Thursday, someone broke into his home by prying open a window to an attached garage and then entering through an unlocked door. The victim said three TVs, a laptop computer and a large quantity of jewelry were taken.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 600 block of 92nd Street. A 29-year-old woman told officers that sometime between 9:30 a.m. and 9 p.m., Thursday, someone broke into her home by prying open a rear door. The victim said $400 was taken from under her mattress, along with two laptop computers and some jewelry.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into a theft from an apartment in the 900 block of Cedar Avenue. A 33-year-old woman told police that sometime between noon and 1 p.m., Tuesday, someone took money from her purse. The victim said a female suspect, claiming to be from the apartment building’s “cleaning department” entered her room around the time of the theft. Building managers told police there were no “cleaning people” working at the time of the theft.