• ARREST: Two Falls men were arrested after an incident outside a mini-mart in the 8600 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard. Police say they responded to a call of a burglary in progress at 4:20 a.m. Wednesday and found Jason Laufenberg and Robert Oyer outside the business. Officers said Laufenberg was intoxicated and holding an open 24-ounce can of beer. He was uncooperative with officers and was taken into custody, Oyer told police that he and Laufenberg were walking home when they decided to “relieve” themselves on the side of the business. Oyer said the arrival of officers interrupted their act. Police then discovered that Oyer had a screwdriver and a lock pick kit in his possession. Laufenberg, 39, of 8800 Niagara Falls Blvd. Apt. 7, was charged with attempted third-degree burglary and restricted use of alcohol in a public place. Oyer, 54, of 8800 Niagara Falls Blvd. Apt. 6, was charged with attempted third-degree burglary and possession of burglar tools.
• VANDALISM: Officers are looking into an act of vandalism in the 1800 block of Michigan Avenue. A 60-year-old man told police that sometime between 11 p.m. Tuesday and 11 a.m. Wednesday, someone damaged his 1986 Winnebago Chieftain. The victim said several outside compartments were pried open and the wiring inside was cut and damaged. There was also damage done to the tail lights and reflectors on the vehicle.
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested after a shoplifting incident at a store in the 1500 block of Military Road at 3:45 p.m. Tuesday. Ronald Edward Proctor, 55, 442 Seventh St., Apt. 1, was charged with petit larceny. Proctor had three cans of paint, a brush, a roller, doughnuts, socks, foot cream, Gatorade, a bike lock, five pairs of women’s panties, mens briefs and a 30 pack of Coors Light beer in his possession when he was stopped by store security officers.
• ARREST: A Grand Island woman was arrested after a shoplifting incident at a store in the 1500 block of Military Road at 8:10 p.m. Tuesday. Leah M. Guenot, 59, 1674 Hutch Road, was charged with petit larceny. Guenot is accused of taking more than $40 worth of merchandise without paying for it.
• ROBBERY: Police are investigating a robbery in the 1100 block of 19th Street. A 55-year-old man told officers he was walking out of a store at 12:06 a.m. Wednesday, when he was hit in the side of the head and knocked to the ground by a male suspect. The victim said the suspect and another man kicked and punched him and then stole his wallet.
• ARREST: Two Falls women were arrested after a shoplifting incident at a store in the 1500 block of Military Road at 8:30 p.m. Tuesday. Brandi M. Ammons, 33, 4810 Isherwood Drive and Melissa Greenwalt, 31, 3511 Rhode Island Ave., were each charged with petit larceny. Ammons and Greenwalt are accused of taking more than $40 worth of merchandise without paying for it.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into a car break-in in the 500 block of Cayuga Drive. A 33-year-old woman told police that sometime between 4:40 and 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, someone broke into her 2008 Toyota Camry by smashing a passenger-side window. The victim said her purse was taken.