Niagara Gazette

November 10, 2013

BLOTTER: Police reports published Nov. 10

Staff Reports
Niagara Gazette

Niagara Falls

• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested following a traffic incident at 4:03 a.m. Saturday in the 700 block of Market Street. Reginald McCreary, 31, 706 81st St., was charged with driving while intoxicated, misdemeanor DWI, failure to keep right, not using a seat belt and improper lane use after police said he was passed out behind the wheel of a vehicle on, running and in gear. Officers report they were able to wake him up and turn the vehicle off. He then allegedly failed all field sobriety tests administered and was taken into custody. He allegedly recorded a 0.11 percent blood alcohol content when tested at police headquarters.

• ASSAULT: Police are investigating a reported assault at 2:30 a.m. Saturday at a bar in the 400 block of Third Street. The victim, an 18-year-old Town of Tonawanda woman said she and a friend were at a bar when they asked a pair of men to take a picture of them. She said they began aggressively hitting on them and eventually ended up causing a disturbance, which led to the bouncers ejecting them. When the women went outside for a cigarette, the victim said, the men approached them again, leading to the women being thrown out of the bar as well. A fight ensued outside after one of the men spit on the victim's friend, which led to the victim being punched in the left eye. She said she overheard someone call the person who punched her by name, which she said she verified through Facebook. She reported to the police station Saturday afternoon the incident, identifying the man as a 19-year-old Lockport man. Police say the man was not located by the time of the report.

• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested following a traffic disturbance at 1:55 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of Niagara Street. Nica Dacian, 54, 1317 Portage Road, Apt. 428, was charged with disorderly conduct after police say he was trying to cross Niagara Street, blocking traffic. Police said a check of outstanding warrants resulted in a positive identification involving a restricted use of alcohol ticket issued previously. He was taken into custody and taken to police headquarters without incident, the report said.