Man reports armed robbery at Boulevard hotel
Police are investigating an armed robbery in the 7600 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard.
A 38-year-old man told officers he went outside of a hotel he was staying at, around 1:30 a.m. Monday, and went to his vehicle.
The man said he notice two women standing nearby as he returned to the hotel and they followed him inside. The victim said as he went to his room, the women came up behind him and pushed him inside and then two men entered the room.
One of the men was armed with a silver handgun and demand money. The victim gave him an undisclosed amount of cash. All the suspects then ran from the hotel and made their getaway in a silver car, traveling west on Niagara Falls Boulevard.
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested on a drug charge after a stop in the 400 block of Ninth Street at 9 p.m. Thursday. John Henry Pitman, 64, 460 Ninth St., lower, was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 1600 block of 22nd Street. The pastor of a church told officers that sometime between 5:50 p.m. July 24 and 7:30 p.m. Thursday someone broke into the basement of the sanctuary by prying open a basement window. According to the pastor, a laptop computer, a flat screen monitor, a computer keyboard, a surge protector, some computer speakers, a printer and $20 in change was taken.
• ARREST: A Buffalo man was arrested after stealing a wallet from a patron at Seneca Niagara Casino early Thursday morning. Khamsone Naphakdy, 62, 1460 Hertel Ave., Apt. 1, was charged with fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property. Naphakdy was apprehended after surveillance camera video showed him taking the wallet of a 67-year-old. The wallet contained more than $3,000 in cash and $1,600 in casino vouchers.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into a theft from the Hyde Park Golf Course. A course supervisor told police that sometime between 3:30 and 6 a.m. Thursday, someone took two golf carts from the facility. One of the carts was recovered a short time later. The supervisor said the theft of golf carts has been “an ongoing problem for the past several weeks.”
• THEFT: Police are investigating an SUV break-in a parking lot in the 4600 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard. A 57-year-old tourist told officers that sometime between 5:35 and 5:40 p.m. Sunday, someone broke into her 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe by smashing the passenger side front window, The victim said a purse , an iPod and three loose diamonds were taken.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into a van break-in on Prospect Street. A 60-year-old tourist told police that sometime between 4 and 5:30 p.m. Sunday, someone broke into his 2006 Ford Econoline van by prying open the driver’s side door. The victim said a GPS system was taken.
• THEFT: Police are investigating a truck break-in in the 2200 block of Pine Avenue. A 39-year-old tourist told officers that sometime between 6 and 6:30 p.m. Sunday someone broke into his 2011 Toyota Tundra by smashing the rear driver’s-side window. The victim said almost $400 worth of new clothes were taken.