A clerk at a gas station on the 4700 block of Hyde Park Boulevard told police that two men robbed him at gunpoint about 11:45 p.m. on Monday.
The clerk said he was stocking a cooler when the two men came in. One of them pointed a semi-automatic pistol at him and told him he had 10 seconds to jump over the counter and open the cash register drawer.
While the clerk went to the register, one of the men grabbed cigarettes and other items. The clerk said he was forced to hold a bag open for the suspect as he poured cigarettes and related items in.
In total, the suspects got away with $600 and about $400 in cigarettes and cigar wrappers.
• THEFTS: Falls police responded to numerous car break-ins early Tuesday morning, including the:
• 1500 block of LaSalle Avenue where a resident reported about 2:45 a.m. he heard his car alarm go off and looked outside to see a grey/silver colored mini-van speeding off. A window had been smashed and a DVD player and speakers were taken form the car.
• 1800 block of Niagara Avenue where a resident said someone broke out a window on their vehicle and took a CD player.
• 1700 block of Ferry Avenue where a resident said he was awoke about 5 a.m. by his car alarm and found a window smashed out. Nothing appeared to have been taken.
• 1600 block of Eighth Street where a resident said someone broke out a window of their vehicle and took a stereo and speakers, damaging the vehicle’s steering column in the process.
• 1300 block of LaSalle Avenue where a resident said someone damaged the driver’s-side door while trying to pry open the front window and then smashed a rear window. Nothing was taken from the vehicle.