• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 2900 block of Michigan Avenue. A woman told police she heard noise in her home at 1:51 a.m. Monday and when she investigated, she discovered that someone had broken in by forcing open a window. The victim said a small amount of jewelry was taken.
• ARREST: A Falls cab driver was arrested after police found her driving under the influence of drugs in the 1100 block of Portage Road at 10 a.m. Monday. Kimberlee Anne Dixon, 30, 3018 St. Paul St., was charged with driving under the influence of drugs, seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, having a prescription medication outside its original container and no city taxi license. Police said they were alerted that Dixon may have been driving under the influence of drugs and when they stopped her, her speech was slurred and she asked, “Did you stop me because I went over that curb?” When officers asked Dixon if she was drunk or on drugs, she told them she had taken Suboxone earlier in the morning. Dixon failed field sobriety tests and was placed under arrest.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into a car break-in on Old Falls Street. A 45-year-old woman told police that sometime between 10 and 11 a.m. Monday, someone broke into her 1998 Buick Park Avenue by popping the driver’s side door lock. The victim said her purse was taken.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 2600 block of Niagara Street. A 53-year-old man told officers that sometime between 11 a.m. and 2:28 p.m. Monday, someone broke into his home by smashing a rear window of his residence. The victim said a large amount of copper plumbing, some electrical wire, ceiling tiles and a saw were taken.
• ARREST: A North Tonawanda man was arrested on drug and other charges after a traffic stop in the 1300 block of Ontario Avenue at 1:42 p.m. Monday. Javon Maurice Johnson, 23, 2713 Oppenheim Court, Apt. 4, was charged with fifth-degree criminal possession of marijuana, unlawful possession of marijuana, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, no driver’s license and a vehicle equipment violation.