Niagara Gazette

Police Reports

January 4, 2014

FIRE CALLS: Niagara Falls fire reports published Jan. 4

For the period of Dec. 16 to 29, the Niagara Falls Fire Department responded to 240 calls. The total number of service calls for 2013 to date is 6,400.

• FIRE: On Dec. 18, Platoon 1 sent a full assignment, 1:24 p.m., to a fire in a bathroom at a gas station in the 500 block of Main Street. A short in a fan in the bathroom was the cause of the fire. Damage was estimated at $500.

• FIRE: On Dec. 18, a fire in a 2002 Chevy truck, at 10:31 p.m., dispatched Engine 3 to the 2900 block of North Avenue. Damage was listed at $1,000. This intentionally set fire remains under investigation.

• INCIDENT: On Dec. 22, Engine 4 and Truck 1 responded, at 8:52 a.m., to a call of residents in a building in the 600 block of Chilton Avenue suffering from possible carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms. Flu-like feelings and fatigue are present during carbon monoxide poisoning. The arriving crews discovered a problem with the furnace in the basement of the building. Firefighters using carbon monoxide detection meters determined the CO concentration in the air was at a dangerous level of 350 parts per million. The residents were evacuated until the furnace could be repaired.

• FIRE: On Dec. 23, Platoon 3 went, at 4:32 p.m., to the 400 block of 38th Street for a report of a structure fire. Careless smoking resulted in a mattress catching on fire. Fire and smoke damage was pegged at $500. Smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector violations were corrected on the scene by the owner.

• FIRE: On Dec. 27, Engine 8’s crew, consisting of Capt. Frank Sillett and firefighters Dave Seguin, Thomas Cutler, and Gordon Stewart III, were called, at 10:21 a.m., to an industrial facility in the 2500 block of Buffalo Avenue for a report of a man burned in an accidental explosion. They tended to the victim, who incurred severe burns, and to another patient who suffered burn injuries while trying to assist his co-worker. Both patients were taken to local hospitals for further treatment.

• FIRE: On Dec. 27, a short in an electrical outlet, at 1:27 p.m., started a fire which sent Platoon 2 to the 700 block of Pierce Avenue. The fire caused $500 damage and citations for no smoke or carbon monoxide detectors were issued to the owner.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Police Reports
Featured Ads
House Ads
AP Video
Texas Scientists Study Ebola Virus Smartphone Powered Paper Plane Debuts at Airshow Southern Accent Reduction Class Cancelled in TN Raw: Deadly Landslide Hits Indian Village Obama Chides House GOP for Pursuing Lawsuit New Bill Aims to Curb Sexual Assault on Campus Russia Counts Cost of New US, EU Sanctions 3Doodler Bring 3-D Printing to Your Hand Six PA Cops Indicted for Robbing Drug Dealers Britain Testing Driverless Cars on Roadways Raw: Thousands Flocking to German Crop Circle At Least 20 Chikungunya Cases in New Jersey Raw: Obama Eats Ribs in Kansas City In Virginia, the Rise of a New Space Coast Raw: Otters Enjoy Water Slides at Japan Zoo NCAA Settles Head-injury Suit, Will Change Rules Raw: Japanese Soldiers Storm Beach in Exercises Raw: Weapons Fire Hits UN School in Gaza Raw: Rocket Launches Into Space With Cargo Ship Broken Water Main Floods UCLA
Opinion
House Ads
Night & Day
Twitter News
Follow us on twitter
Hyperlocal Search
Premier Guide
Find a business

Walking Fingers
Maps, Menus, Store hours, Coupons, and more...
Premier Guide
Front page