Niagara Gazette

December 24, 2013

BLOTTER: Police reports published Dec. 24

Staff Reports
Niagara Gazette


Man robbed by former high school friends

Falls police are investigating a strong-arm robbery of a Falls man victimized Sunday night on Michigan Avenue.

The 19-year-old man told police he met with three former friends from high school about 8 p.m. Sunday and he thought they were all going to hang out together. 

When the suspects arrived to pick him up in a van and he went inside, two of his "friends" grabbed him and began choking him while going through his pockets. They took $250 from him before throwing him out of the van.

The van was later found at one of the suspect's mother's home but the suspects could not be located Sunday night.

The matter is being investigated.


Niagara Falls

• BURGLARY: A resident on the 500 block of 24th Street reported that sometime between Friday and Sunday someone entered their home and took $1,100 in Christmas presents from an upstairs bedroom. A suspect was provided to police and neighbors reported seeing that person in the area during the timeframe of the theft.

• THEFT: Falls police were called to a towing business on the 2700 block of Falls Street on Sunday where the theft of several items was reported. The owner of the business said that sometime since Thursday someone had taken two sets of large tow chains from a truck as well as 60-ton tow brackets. The estimated loss is $5,800.

• THEFT: Falls police were called to a Military Road restaurant Dec. 6 where a patron reported their 2013 Nissan Pathfinder had been broken into while they ate about 8 p.m. and $45 was taken. A rear window was smashed to gain entry.


• DWI: Tammy J. Manning, 40, of Lockport, was charged with driving while intoxicated late Saturday, after New York State Police responded to a reported two-vehicle collision at Niagara Falls Boulevard and Schultz Road.

Town of Lockport

• STORM DAMAGE: A resident in the 6000 block of Robinson Road called 911 to report smoke inside the residence at 8:09 a.m. Sunday. Sheriff's and local fire officials determined a power strip in the house was melted by a power surge, caused when a felled tree limb pulled down the electrical service line to the house. No structural damage to the house was observed by fire officials.