* BURGLARY: Police are investigating a reported burglary from an apartment which occurred between 3:57 p.m. Tuesday and 3:57 p.m. Saturday in the 400 block of 18th Street. The victim, a 24-year-old woman, told officers someone entered her apartment and removed a 42-inch television without her permission. Officers said a door to a common hallway was unlocked. The victim provided names of two people she believed were responsible, but police report no further activity.
* THEFT: Police are investigating a reported theft which occurred between 6 and 6:30 a.m. from a house in the 400 block of Ninth Street. The victim, a 42-year-old man, told police he was asleep but there was a knock at the door and his 7-year-old nephew answered the door. The man at the door identified himself as “Joe” and said he was there to pick up some items. He then entered the house and took an XBox gaming system, six games and a controller, valued at $1,350. The victim said he knows the man from around the neighborhood and recently saw him walking on Sixth Street trying to sell a flat screen television.
• ATTEMPTED BURGLARY: Police responded to a reported attempted burglary which occurred at 1:30 a.m. Friday at a home in the 2800 block of McKoon Avenue. The victim, a 24-year-old woman, told police someone shot a bullet through her door while attempting to gain entry into her residence. According to reports, police found multiple muddy shoe prints on the door as someone tried to kick the door in. The incident caused an estimated $265 in damages.
• THEFT: Officers are investigating a reported theft from a vehicle reportedly left unlocked between 9:30 a.m. Thursday and 9 a.m. Friday outside a residence in the 300 block of 38th Street. The victim, a 32-year-old man, told police someone entered the unsecured vehicle and removed a $50 car stereo.
• THEFT: Police are investigating a reported theft from a vehicle which occurred between 10 p.m. Thursday and 7:30 a.m. Friday in the 1700 block of LaSalle Avenue. The victim, a 37-year-old woman, told police someone entered her vehicle by damaging the driver’s side lock and removed a car stereo, speakers, a cell phone and her wallet. The total value of the property and damages is estimated at $2,480.
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested during an incident which happened at 8:45 p.m. Friday at a grocery store in the 1000 block of Portage Road. Samuel Deluca, 53, 1317 Portage Road, was charged with petit larceny after he allegedly grabbed two sandwiches and a 20-ounce Pepsi from the store shelves, entered the sit-down area and proceeded to eat one of the sandwiches. A store employee reported observing the incident and allegedly confronted Deluca after the first sandwich was consumed. The employee asked if the sandwiches were paid for and Deluca said they were. But the employee called police and Deluca was arrested.