• ARREST: A Grand Island man was arrested after a shoplifting incident at a store in the 1000 block of Portage Road at 3:2o p.m. Thursday. Jeffrey S. Eberhard, 45, 764 Kirkwood Road, was charged with petit larceny. Eberhard is accused of taking more than $40 worth of Mucinex without paying for it.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in an apartment building in the1800 block of North Avenue. A number of tenants told officers they heard loud nosies coming from the basement of the building between midnight and 4 a.m. Thursday. One tenant said he saw four males suspects, carrying tools, running out of the building. When the building's maintenance man showed up at 8 a.m., he found that someone he had kicked in the doors to two apartments and stolen a quantity of copper pipe.
• BURGLARY: Officers are looking into a burglary in the 1200 block of 17th Street. A building owner told police that sometime between Jan. 21 and 30, someone broke into his property by smashing a basement window. The victim said almost $6,000 worth of windows, doors, floor tile, carpeting, copper pipe and tools were taken.
• DWI: Cassandra R. Webster, 24, 21 Hill St., Lockport, was charged Wednesday with driving while intoxicated and speeding. The Niagara County Sheriff's Office said Webster, who reportedly hit a utility pole on Ridge Road, was released with Newfane Town Court appearance tickets for March 4.
• DWI: Charles E. Long, 33, 721 Willow Skyway, was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, changing lanes unsafely, speeding, operating a motor vehicle with .08 percent blood alcohol content, using a vehicle without an Interlock device and first-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle. Long was taken to Niagara County Jail on $750 bail and is scheduled to appear Tuesday in Newfane Town Court.