• ARREST: Two men were charged after police found them drinking beer in a park at the corner of Third and Niagara streets at 6:29 p.m. Thursday. James W. Dee, 51, 181 Main St., Tonawanda and Paul A. Love, 54, 15 Winkler Road, Apt. 1, Cheektowaga, were each charged with restricted use of alcohol in public. Both men were drinking 22 ounce cans of Natural Ice beer.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into a theft in the 1300 block of Ashland Avenue. A 42-year-old man told police that sometime between July 7 and 6 p.m. Thursday someone took his Hover Round scooter from the front yard of his home.
• ARREST: A Falls woman was arrested on drunken driving and other charges after a traffic stop in the 3900 block of Pine Avenue at 9:45 p.m. Thursday. Natalie Sterns, 35, 51 South 86th St., Apt. B-7, was charged with driving while intoxicated and following a motor vehicle too closely.
• ASSAULT: Police are investigating an assault in the 600 block of 19th Street. A 20-year-old man told officers that he was walking in that area, with two women, at 11 p.m. Thursday, when they encounter two men. The victim said the suspects became "belligerent" and one of them swung at him with a box cutter, cutting him on his face.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into a purse snatching in the area of Old Falls Street. A tourist from Texas told police she was walking in the area at 2:45 p.m. Wednesday, when a man and woman took her purse off of a bench. The couple then ran from the area.
• THEFT: Police are investigating the theft of a large amount of cash from a car parked in the 1500 block of Ashland Avenue. A 48-year-old woman told officers that some time between July 8 and 9, someone broke into her 2000 Buick Century by smashing the driver's-side front window. The victim said two envelopes, containing $1,800 in cash, were taken. The woman said three employee ID badges were also taken.