• THEFT: Police are investigating a theft from the 2900 block of Service Road. A contractor told officers that sometime between 5 p.m. Friday and 10:18 a.m. Monday someone entered a fenced-in work yard and took $5,000 worth or equipment from a flatbed truck. Among the items taken were a pressure washer, a space heater and a trash pump.
• ARREST: A Falls woman was arrested after a shoplifting incident at a store in the 1000 block of Pine Avenue at 10:45 a.m. Monday. Vera Mangel, 35, 1727 Walnut Ave., Apt. 2, was charged with petit larceny. Mangel is accused of taking more than $100 worth of merchandise without paying for it.
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested after a domestic incident in the 1700 block of LaSalle Avenue at 3:15 p.m. Monday. Erwin L. Hill Sr., 43, 1741 LaSalle Ave., upper, was charged with two counts of second-degree assault and endangering the welfare of a child.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into a theft from the 2100 block of Fairfield Avenue. The owner of a scrap yard told police he saw two men enter his property at 2:48 p.m. Monday and then saw them take about $150 worth of scrap metal.
• ASSAULT: Police are investigating an assault in the 600 block of Ferry Avenue. A 19-year-old man told officers he was walking in the area at 2:46 p.m. Monday when he was "jumped" by two men. The victim said one of the suspects had a knife and stabbed him. He suffered wounds to his right shoulder and lower throat. The wounds did not appear to be life-threatening.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into an SUV break-in in the 10000 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard. A 24-year-old woman told police that sometime between 3:58 and 4:25 p.m. Monday someone broke into her 2002 Jeep Liberty by smashing the rear driver's side window. The victim said her purse was taken from the rear seat of the vehicle.
• ARREST: An Illinois man was arrested after a shoplifting incident at a store in the 400 block of Niagara Street at 1:20 a.m. Tuesday. Dwayne J. Pickney II, 20, 611 North Johnston Ave., Rockford, was charged with petit larceny. He is accused of taking an 18 pack of Miller Lite beer without paying for it.