NIAGARA FALLS —
• CHARGED: Brian F. Kane, 48, 420 Baker Drive, Lewiston, was charged with DWI and failure to keep right about 2:30 a.m. Saturday, according to the Niagara County Sheriff’s Office. While on patrol, a deputy said he saw a Ford Explorer cross the center line multiple times while traveling west on Balmer Road and pulled the truck over near Dickersonville Road. Kane, the driver, appeared intoxicated and told the deputy he had taken a woman home from a Falls bar and was heading home himself. After failing field sobriety tests, Kane refused to take any others, the deputy said. He refused to submit to a breath analysis test but a preliminary breath test showed the presence of alcohol on his breath, the report said.
Town of Newfane
• MISCHIEF: Donald D. Staufenberger, 24, 3153 Hess Road, Newfane, was arrested Sunday morning for fourth-degree criminal mischief. According to the report, Niagara County Sheriff’s deputies responded to Staufenberger’s residence on a report of an intoxicated party. Staufenberger was said to be highly intoxicated and damaging property, which was observed by the deputies. After being taken into custody, he was treated for scrapes to his hands at Eastern Niagara Hospital Newfane.
Town of Lockport
• DRUGS: Brandon D. Proulx, 22, 6661 S. Royal Park Way, Lockport, was arrested Saturday for unlawful possession of marijuana following a traffic stop. A Niagara County Sheriff’s deputy stopped a car driven by Proulx after it ran a stop sign and then executed a U-turn in the intersection. The deputy said he saw a glass container which had both a visual and odor residue of marijuana inside the vehicle. A search of the vehicle revealed a freshly packed smoking pipe of marijuana, which was been turned over to property management for further processing.
NIAGARA FALLS —
- Police Reports
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 28
A Falls woman was arrested twice between 5:20 p.m. Friday and 4:41 a.m. Sunday after police found her in possession of hypodermic needles and drug paraphernalia.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 27
Keesean D. Barnes, 17, 618 Dorwood Park, was charged with second-degree harassment July 24, on the signed complaint of another Ransomville resident, according to the sheriff's office.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 26
Police are investigating a burglary in the 800 block of Division Avenue.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 25
Police are investigating a burglary in the 700 block of Eighth Street.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 24
A 42-year-old Falls man told police that he was robbed by two men in front of Spallino Towers about 12:15 a.m. Wednesday.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 23
Thirteen vehicles on or near East High Street in the Town of Lockport were entered between 2 and 7 a.m. Sunday, the Niagara County Sheriff's Office reported.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 22
A Falls man was arrested on a weapons-related charge after he threatened a group of teens with a rifle in the 2400 block of Grand Avenue at around 3:20 p.m. Sunday.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 21
Thomas G. Case, 24, 2125 Lockport St., and Sean C. Flores, 25, 1034 Michigan Ave., were each charged with unlawful possession of marijuana about 7:30 p.m. Friday, according to sheriff's deputies.
BLOTTER: Police reports published July 20
Police are looking for a suspect in an assault in the 700 block of Spruce Avenue.
FIRE CALLS: Niagara Falls fire reports published July 19
For the period of July 7 to 13, the Niagara Falls Fire Department responded to 145 calls. The total number of service calls for 2014 to date is 3,544. The following calls were reported:
- More Police Reports Headlines
- BLOTTER: Police reports published July 28