• FIRE: On Jan. 24, another kitchen fire was reported at 9:12 p.m. in a high-rise apartment building in the 900 block of Cedar Avenue. A resident turned on her stovetop and left the room forgetting she had left plastic containers on the stove.This accidental fire caused $400 damage.
• ACCIDENT: On Jan. 26, a two-vehicle accident, at 10:05 a.m., at the intersection of 11th Street and Ontario Avenue sent Engine 3 and Truck 1 into action. Firefighters treated the driver of a van that ran into the back-up generator outside Fire Station 3. As the generator was damaged, power and fuel were shut off to it until repairs could be made. The driver of the van was transported to a local hospital for further evaluation.