• ASSAULT: Police are investigating an assault in the 400 block of Seventh Street. A 53-year-old man told officers he was in his home at 4 p.m. Sunday when he heard a knock on a window and someone called him to come outside. The man said when he went to his front door, three men pulled him out onto his porch and attacked him. The victim said the suspects pinned him in a chair on the porch and punched him in the face and head.
• ARREST: A Buffalo woman was arrested after a shoplifting incident at a supermarket in the 7300 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard. Kim Darnell Lester-Benjamin, 50, 59 Carl St., Apt. 1, was charged with petit larceny. She is accused of taking 20 packs of toilet paper and 49 cans of Red Bull without paying for the items.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into a theft in the 400 block of Elmwood Avenue. A property manager told police that sometime between Jan. 12 and noon Monday, evicted tenants trashed the the home he is responsible for and took all the electrical wiring and all the copper pipe in the dwelling. The manager also said that the water meter, water tank and related plumbing had also been removed.
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested after officers investigated a call of "shots fired" in the 600 block of 67th Street at 7:39 p.m. Monday. Police said they found Matthew Paul Boos by the side of his home and a spent casing in the driveway. Inside the home, they located a 22 caliber bolt-action rifle. Officers also located a dead opossum. Boos, 32, 655 67th St., told police he had shot the opossum. He was charged with fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon, second-degree reckless endangerment and discharging a firearm with 500 feet of a dwelling. Police also seized a revolver and five other long guns from Boos' residence.
• ARREST: A Falls woman was arrested after a shoplifting incident at a liquor store in the 800 block of Pine Avenue. Nita Lucille Snyder, 37, 6817 Niagara Falls Blvd., Apt. 12, was charged with petit larceny. She is accused of taking two bottles of vodka with paying for them.
• DRUGS: Zachary S. Gravell, 25, of B Street, Niagara Falls, was arrested Monday for two counts of possession of a forged instrument, two counts of second-degree forgery, seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and two counts of possession of a hypodermic instrument. He allegedly tried to fill forged prescriptions at the Walgreens on Young Street and was held for court.