Teen charged after calling 911 repeatedly
A teenage boy faces a harassment charge after he called 911/the Niagara County Sheriff's office repeatedly and threatened to harm a dispatcher.
Matthew C. Hathaway, 17, 6142 Ruhlman Road, was charged with second-degree aggravated harassment Saturday night, at a West Avenue residence where Lockport police located him and turned him over to the custody of the sheriff's office.
Hathaway is accused of contacting the sheriff's office approximately 45 times over a two-hour period, via 911, between 7:18 and 9:13 p.m. Saturday. The calls were of a non-emergency nature, and in one call Hathaway threatened to "stab" a female dispatcher, according to the sheriff's office.
Hathaway reportedly said he thought the repeated calls were "funny" and he was "joking around."
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 700 block of Ninth Street. A property owner told officers that sometime between April 1 and 2 p.m. Sunday someone broke into his vacant building by forcing open a door. The victim said a quantity of plumbing materials, copper pipe, valves and gages were taken. The owner said water damage from the that theft could top $10,000. The victim also said three forklifts, a car, two computers, two desks, eight file cabinets and some cash was taken.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into a car break-in in the 400 block of 38th Street. A 61-year-old man told police that sometime between 12:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Sunday someone broke into his 2002 Chevy Malibu by smashing a passenger-side window. The victim said car wash and lottery tickets were taken.
• WARRANT: Alexander Zhilevich, 17, of Hagen Avenue, was picked up on a warrant and charged at 7:34 p.m. Saturday with second-degree criminal trespass, third-degree assault, second-degree burglary, attempted assault, unlawful possession of marijuana and two counts of second-degree harassment.
• DISORDERLY: Matthew T. Herkelman, 29, of Remington Drive, was charged at 7:56 p.m. Saturday on Mead Street with disorderly conduct. He was held for court.
• LARCENY: Matthew s. Grace, 20, of Ward Road, was charged at 8:01 p.m. Sunday with petit larceny. He was held for court.
• TRESPASS: James P. Conlan, 17, of Wheatfield Street, was picked up on a warrant at 8 a.m. Monday and charged with trespass. He was released on his own recognizance.