Van driver knocks out power
A van driver hit two transformer poles at 3511 Ridge Road in the Town of Cambria around 9:43 a.m. Tuesday, knocking out power to many residents in the area.
According to the Niagara County Sheriff's Office, the driver hydroplaned off of the road, struck the poles and knocked out power. The driver wasn't injured in the accident, and refused treatment.
According to National Grid, power was restored to the area by Tuesday afternoon.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into an SUV break-in in the 2400 block of Pierce Avenue. A 21-year-old man told police that sometime between 5 p.m. Sunday and 8:07 a.m. Monday someone broke into his 2008 Jeep Liberty by unknown means. The victim said some money, a pair of boxing gloves, two pairs of sneakers, a helmet, a bracelet and a watch were taken from the vehicle.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 1100 block of Pierce Avenue. A property manager told officers that sometime between 7 and 8 a.m. Monday someone broke into a home by peeling a wire screen off of a basement window. The victim said a quantity of copper pipe was taken.
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested after a purse snatching attempt in the 1400 block of Main Street. Anthony Brinson Jr., 58, 1041 Center Ave., Apt. 3, was charged with attempted petit larceny. A female victim told officers that she was in a public building at 10:55 a.m. Monday when Brinson attempted to take her purse. The woman said she yelled and grabbed at Brinson and he ran from the building. He was apprehend by police a short distance from the building.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into a car break-in the first block of Buffalo Avenue. A 44-year-old woman told police that sometime between 3:30 and 4:30 p.m. Monday someone broke into her 2007 Honda Odyssey by breaking the front passenger-side window. The victim said two backpacks were taken from the vehicle.
• Police are investigating a car break-in in the 4300 block of Pine Avenue. A 36-year-old woman told officers that sometime between 4 and 6 p.m. Monday someone broke into her 2014 Honda Odyssey by smashing the front passenger-side window. The victim said her purse was taken.
• ARREST: A Williamsville man was arrested on drunken driving and other charges after a traffic stop in the 8400 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard at 7:47 p.m. Monday. Robert Len Coniglio, 73, 89 Klein Road, was charged with driving while intoxicated, aggravated driving while intoxicated, unsafe lane change, no insurance and suspended registration.
• DISORDERLY CONDUCT: The Niagara County Sheriff's Office was dispatched to Saunders Settlement Road for a report of a molotov cocktail in the road around 1 a.m. Tuesday. A maroon truck was seen leaving the area, but no vehicles were found. A bottle was found in the road along with an extinguished fire, the Sheriff's Office said. The bottle was removed and a search for vehicles in the area failed to turn up any results.