By Rick Pfeiffer
• THEFT: Police are investigating a reported theft in the 1500 bloc of Walnut Avenue at 12:30 a.m. Saturday. The victim, a 25-year-old woman, said shortly after a friend of hers visited her apartment, both her cellphone and headphones were missing. She provided her friend's name to police and told them he was the only one with access to the apartment at the time of the property disappearance.
• THEFT: Police are investigating a reported theft of services at an apartment in the 3200 block of 19th Street at 11:06 a.m. Friday. A cable company representative said he was on-site for another issue when he noticed a long, white cable coming out of the main fielder which wasn't supposed to be there. The man said he followed the cable to a nearby apartment. The resident, a 33-year-old woman, told police she was using the cable but that it was already set up when she moved in back in January 2011.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a reported burglary in the 1400 block of 17th Street which occurred between 8:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. Friday. The victim, a 38-year-old woman, told officers someone entered through an unsecured door on the south side of the residence and stole a television and a Nintendo Wii gaming system. The total value of the property is $767.
• THEFT: Police are investigating a reported theft from a vehicle in the 2900 block of Weston Avenue between 5:45 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. Saturday. The victim, a 26-year-old woman, said the culprit took her purse containing her driver's license, wallet and Xanax pills from inside her unsecured vehicle. She said the total value of the objects is $980.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a reported burglary in the 1800 block of Michigan Avenue between 5:45 p.m. Friday and midnight Saturday. The victim, a 29-year-old woman, told officers when she returned home from being out, a 42-inch television was missing from her family room and a 32-inch TV was missing from her bedroom. A witness told police he saw a thin, light-skin black man walk to the back of the house and disappear. The total value of the property is about $2,400.
• ARREST: A Falls man was reportedly arrested following a pair of hit-and-run accidents were reported Friday evening. William Bell, 66, 1774 Falls St., was charged with driving while intoxicated, two counts of leaving the scene of an accident, illegal consumption of alcohol in a vehicle and other traffic offenses after officers were called to an accident in the 2200 block of 13th Street at 7:50 p.m. Friday. They followed a fluid trail to Bell's residence, where they spotted a black vehicle with front-end damage. They knocked at the door which Bell reportedly answered. When asked if he'd been involved in an accident, Bell reportedly told officers he had been but there was no damage. He was reportedly asked to perform several field sobriety tests, which he failed, and was charged. He was later asked if he'd been involved in a different hit-and-run accident on Highland Avenue, which he reportedly said he thought so.
• STOLEN VEHICLE: Police are investigating a reported stolen vehicle from a residence in the 1000 block of Ferry Avenue. The reporting individual, who was reportedly tasked with repossessing the car of a recently deceased woman, said he showed up to collect the property but it was gone. He said the woman had no next of kin, didn't have a will and didn't sell the vehicle.
• ARREST: A Falls man was reportedly arrested following a traffic stop in the 1300 block of Ashland Avenue at 9:31 a.m. Friday. Christopher Carter, 22, 1922 Niagara St., was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, aggravated unlicensed operation and driving without a seat belt after police reportedly witnessed him on the road. He allegedly held a small bag of a green plant, later confirmed as marijuana, out his window as police approached. The vehicle also smelled of burnt marijuana, according to police reports.
• ARREST: A Buffalo woman was reportedly arrested following a shoplifting incident at a store in the 8400 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard at 3:18 p.m. Friday. Ella Costner, 24, 435 Cambridge Avenue, Buffalo, was charged with petit larceny after she allegedly tried to steal $57.35 in assorted merchandise from the store. She was followed through the store by a Niagara County Jail corrections officer working security at a nearby liquor store, who put her under citizens arrest until police arrived at the scene.
• ARREST: a Falls man was reportedly arrested following a traffic stop near the intersection of 15th Street and LaSalle Avenue at 9:15 p.m. Friday. Dani Abdallah, 18, 601 19th St., was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana after officers noticed an unattended running vehicle in the middle of the street near 18th Street and Linwood Avenue. They stopped the vehicle at 15th Street and LaSalle Avenue, where they reportedly noticed the smell of marijuana. Abdallah, the driver, reportedly surrendered 12 small bags of the drug when asked if he had it on him.
• ARREST: A North Tonawanda man was reportedly arrested following an unwanted person incident at a casino in the 300 block of Sixth Street at 2 a.m. Saturday. Jeffrey Dio, 27, 203 Lindsey Place, North Tonawanda, was charged with trespass after he allegedly appeared on casino property despite being warned he wasn't wanted.