Woman stopped for driving 79 mph in city
A Lockport woman was arrested and charged with DWI after her vehicle was stopped shortly after 5 p.m. Sunday evening.
Chloe Petit, 20, was stopped while driving in the City of Buffalo, after a trooper read her vehicle driving 79 mph in a 55 mph zone.
During the traffic stop, she failed several roadside field sobriety tests and provided a breath test. She was arrested for DWI.
The breath test revealed her BAC to be 0.11 percent. Petit was issued tickets for DWI and speeding.
— Channel 4 News
• ARREST: A California man was arrested on drunken driving and other charges after a traffic stop on Rainbow Boulevard at 2 a.m. Sunday. Brandon G. Sowden, 22, 11911 West Vomac Road, Dublin, Calif., was charged with driving while intoxicated, unreasonable speed and improper lane use.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 8700 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard. A motel owner told officers that sometime between 12:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. someone broke into one of his utility rooms by forcing open the door. The victim said about 20 feet of copper plumbing was taken.
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested on drunken driving and other charges after a traffic stop in the 1000 block of Pine Avenue at 6:30 p.m,. Sunday. Bernard Peewee Harper Jr., 56, 8235 Buffalo Ave., Apt. A-1, was charged with driving while intoxicated, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and consumption of alcohol in a motor vehicle.
Town of Lockport
• ILLEGAL DUMPING: Employees of One Eyed Jack's, 5983 South Transit Road, reported seeing a man put nine bags of refuse into the business' dumpster without permission the afternoon of Jan. 10. According to the sheriff's incident report, the man drove a purple, older model Ford pickup.
• MISSING RIFLE: An Amherst man reported his rifle, a Ruger M77GS rifle fell off the bed of a pickup truck while he was riding on Lockport Road and Lower Mountain Road late Saturday afternoon. The rifle was in a black, hard case, according to the sheriff's report.
• ACCIDENT: A Grand Island woman was taken to Erie County Medical Center late Saturday after suffering a head injury at a house party. The woman, who had been drinking for several hours, fell backwards off a kitchen stool and struck her head on the floor, according to the sheriff's report. The woman was treated on the scene by Wilson volunteer firefighters and was transferred to ECMC by Mercy Flight.
• GRAND LARCENY: A homeowner in the 3600 block of Ransomville Road reported tools and household appliances worth an estimated $11,000 were removed from the house between Dec. 22 and Jan. 11. According to the sheriff's incident report the homeowner was away from the premises for a while and discovered the missing items upon his return. Items include a Miller arc welder, a 27-inch above-ground pool, a tire changer, a Craftsman garage door opener, a Craftsman tool box, a Frigidaire upright freezer, a General Electric refrigerator, green chainlink fencing, a mechanical press, miscellaneous Harley parts, miscellaneous Craftsman hand tools, an oil furnace and a Row trueing stand. A neighbor told sheriff's deputies that he'd seen items being taken away from the home in several different vehicles recently.