Woman stopped for driving 79 mph in city
A Lockport woman was arrested and charged with DWI after her vehicle was stopped shortly after 5 p.m. Sunday evening.
Chloe Petit, 20, was stopped while driving in the City of Buffalo, after a trooper read her vehicle driving 79 mph in a 55 mph zone.
During the traffic stop, she failed several roadside field sobriety tests and provided a breath test. She was arrested for DWI.
The breath test revealed her BAC to be 0.11 percent. Petit was issued tickets for DWI and speeding.
— Channel 4 News
• ARREST: A California man was arrested on drunken driving and other charges after a traffic stop on Rainbow Boulevard at 2 a.m. Sunday. Brandon G. Sowden, 22, 11911 West Vomac Road, Dublin, Calif., was charged with driving while intoxicated, unreasonable speed and improper lane use.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 8700 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard. A motel owner told officers that sometime between 12:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. someone broke into one of his utility rooms by forcing open the door. The victim said about 20 feet of copper plumbing was taken.
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested on drunken driving and other charges after a traffic stop in the 1000 block of Pine Avenue at 6:30 p.m,. Sunday. Bernard Peewee Harper Jr., 56, 8235 Buffalo Ave., Apt. A-1, was charged with driving while intoxicated, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and consumption of alcohol in a motor vehicle.
Town of Lockport
• ILLEGAL DUMPING: Employees of One Eyed Jack's, 5983 South Transit Road, reported seeing a man put nine bags of refuse into the business' dumpster without permission the afternoon of Jan. 10. According to the sheriff's incident report, the man drove a purple, older model Ford pickup.
• MISSING RIFLE: An Amherst man reported his rifle, a Ruger M77GS rifle fell off the bed of a pickup truck while he was riding on Lockport Road and Lower Mountain Road late Saturday afternoon. The rifle was in a black, hard case, according to the sheriff's report.