Facebook message alerts woman to break-in
A woman told the Niagara County Sheriff’s Office she received a message on Facebook that someone had broken in to her grandmother’s apartment on Lincoln Avenue on Wednesday.
Deputies responded the apartment in the 6500 block of Lincoln Avenue at 10:20 a.m. Wednesday and found that a door had been pried open and the deadbolt was damaged.
A Remington pump action shotgun and a 24-karat gold necklace were reported stolen. The total loss was $350.
• VANDALISM: Police are investigating an act of vandalism at an auto dealership in the 6900 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard. A manager at the dealership told officers that sometime between 8 p.m. Monday and 9 a.m. Tuesday someone egged a number of used cars on the lot.
• THEFT: Officers are looking into an SUV break-in in a parking lot in the 1500 block of Military Road. A 59-year-old woman told police that sometime between 4:30 and 5:30 p.m. Wednesday someone broke into her 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe by smashing the passenger-side rear window. The victim said her purse was taken.
• BURGLARY: Police are investigating a burglary in the 1900 block of Cudaback Avenue. A property manager told officers that sometime between Dec. 4 and Dec. 10, someone entered a vacant property and took $3,500 worth of copper pipe.
• ARREST: Two Falls men were arrested after they were caught breaking into the storage yard of a business in the 2100 block of Fairfield Avenue at 11:45 a.m. Wednesday. Timothy James Ellison Jr., 29, 1165 Garden Ave., and Vincent James Lewis, 30, 1502 South Ave., lower, were each charged with third-degree criminal trespass, fifth-degree criminal possession of stolen property and petit larceny. The pair were seen breaking into the taking scrap metal and then followed to a junk yard in the 2100 block of Maple Avenue, were they were taken into custody.
• ARREST: A Falls man was arrested after a shoplifting incident at a store in the 7200 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard at 4:35 p.m. Wednesday. David Anthony Ferris Jr., 33, 424 Ninth St., was charged with petit larceny. Ferris is accused of taking $5.39 worth of makeup without paying for it.