Series of robberies being investigated
The Niagara County Sheriff’s Office, Lockport Police Department and New York State Police are investigating a series of five robberies in the area in the past week:
• DEC. 24: Kwik Fill- 3945 NF Blvd., Wheatfield, at 6:42 p.m.
• DEC 25: 7-Eleven, 79 Telegraph Road, Middleport, at 12:14 a.m.
• DEC. 26: 7-Eleven, 6880 Plaza Dr., Wheatfield, at 10:46 p.m.
• DEC. 28: Comfort Inn, 551 Transit, Lockport, at 1:32 a.m.
• DEC. 29: NOCO, 6724 Williams Road, Wheatfield, at 10:45 p.m.
If anyone has any info regarding these armed robberies, please call 438-3394.
• POSSESSION: Corry L. Gentzke, 20, of Broughton Street, Tonawanda, was charged at 3:36 p.m. Tuesday on Sweeney Street with fifth-degree criminal possession of marijuana, second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and no seat belt. He was held for court.
City of Tonawanda
• DWI: Michael T. Demmy, 25, Goundry Street, North Tonawanda, was charged at 5:35 a.m. Wednesday on the Twin City Highway with DWI, driving on the shoulder and speeding. His blood alcohol content was 0.11 and he was held for court.
• INVESTIGATION: The Lockport Police Department and the Niagara County Sheriff’s Office are investigating a stolen vehicle involved in a Tuesday accident. Three suspects were cut from the vehicle with the Jaws of Life by the Lockport Fire Department. The vehicle had been stolen from the Town of Lockport. Further information was unavailable.