- Pet of the Week
- PET OF THE WEEK: March 8, 2009 Adopted from us at 3 months old and returned due to a family member being allergic to him. Reported to be good with children, cats and other dogs. Reported to be mostly housebroken and not to have been chewing household items. Said to be good on a leash and crate trained. He is a little timid at first but warms up quickly. He weighs 47 pounds at this time. He was adopted 2/28/09 and brought back two days later for snapping at family members. He will need an extra patient family who has the time to socialize this very shy boy. Introducing him to new people will take time. Literature will be given to his new family regarding socializing an extra shy and nervous dog. We strongly recommend if you have another dog to bring your dog to meet this dog before doing an adoption.
- PET OF THE WEEK: March 1, 2009 Found as a stray. Loves to be petted and to play with her toys.
- PET OF THE WEEK: Feb 22, 2009 Found as a stray. Rescued with a group of pups from an over-crowded shelter. She was found during rush hour on a busy street directly in front of the Church of Christ, so the shelter named her C.C. Very friendly girl. She has a loud "hound-like bark" which she uses to get your attention. She is quiet once you take her out. Will need lots of exercise for she is an active dog. She weighs 33 pounds. 2/4: The volunteers have found her to be very playful and energetic. She loves to play with the ball and brings it back (sometimes). She will sometimes sit when asked. She will need some training. She is a very sweet and loving dog. We strongly recommend that if you have other dogs in your household you bring them to meet a dog you are interested in before doing an adoption.
- PET OF THE WEEK: Feb. 15, 2009 Found as a stray. very affectionate and vocal kitty who likes to play.
- PET OF THE WEEK: Feb. 8, 2009 Found as a stray. He is a gentle boy who is a little shy at first, especially when the other dogs start barking. Once he is out of his kennel he warms up to people quickly.
- PET OF THE WEEK: Feb. 1, 2009 Found as a stray. She came in with very dirty ears and some hair missing along her ears from scratching at them. Now that her ears have been properly cleaned the hair should grow right back. She is a little timid and needs some TLC. She is very beautiful and has super-soft fur. The volunteers have found that she feels secure when cuddled tightly against them. 1/27: The volunteers say she is making great progress. She is comfortable around the other cats and like to sit on the kitty "condo". She is a very nice girl.
PET OF THE WEEK: Jan. 25, 2009
#38194: Shepherd/Husky Mix, Spayed Female, 8 Months, Wentz.
She was adopted and returned after 2 months. She is crate trained and good with children, cats and other dogs. She will need an adopter who is dedicated to working with her.
PET OF THE WEEK: January 18, 2009
Found as a stray. He is a very nice guy and seems to get along fine with other cats. Very sociable kitty who loves to be with you. Likes to be held. Our volunteers often walk around with him in their arms and he is very comfortable there. He is a great "lap cat"!!!
- PET OF THE WEEK: January 11, 2009 Found as a stray. Very active and happy girl. Will need puppy training. She weighs 41 pounds and has some growing left to do.
PET OF THE WEEK: January 4, 2009
Found as a stray. Very sweet and mellow personality. Lovey is a great lap cat!!!. She loves to be petted and loves catnip.