- EDITORIAL: Time to get a handle on robocalls Calling himself "Robo Cop," U.S. Sen. Chuck Schumer last week called for harsher fines and even jail time for repeat offenders who violate the federal "Do Not Call" rules with pre-recorded telemarketing calls.
- LETTERS FROM THE ISLAND: Postal service just mailing it in No wonder the post office is losing money. Nearly a month after rates rose, our branch still doesn't have the stamps the new prices require. How long would a private business last with so little foresight?
- HAMILTON: Coleman's 'value-tines' that we all can keep Helen Coleman leaves no doubt in anyone's mind that she is capable of loving people.
- CHEERS AND JEERS: The best -- and worst -- of the week for Feb. 14 Kudos to Niagara Falls police and Niagara County Sheriff's Office investigators in quickly tracking down the suspect in Monday's bomb threats to Niagara Falls and Niagara-Wheatfield high schools.
- DELUCA: Bomb scare tweets There were bombs all over the place Monday -- but only if you believed what you read on some social media posts.
- EDITORIAL: Bills group part of a winning game plan Gov. Andrew Cuomo has named Niagara Falls Mayor Paul Dyster and several other members to a new board charged with examining the possibility of building a new stadium in Western New York for the Buffalo Bills.
- BRADBERRY: Black history IS American, world history I have always appreciated February, forever History Month for me; can't we make it so for everyone, about EVERYONE?
- HIGGS: More on St. Mary of the Cataract Church I am going to give in and refer to this series of articles as St. Mary's as it is commonly known by both the parishioners and most of the area population.
EDITORIAL: 'Pints for Progress' getting our vote
It's no stretch to say that politicians aren't going to the ones to turn things around in Niagara Falls.
- GLYNN: Ceretto upset over plan to divert trucks While the plan's dead in the water -- at this point -- the mere thought of diverting truck traffic from the Peace Bridge to the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge is enough to spark concern.
- More Opinion Headlines