- EDITORIAL: Let's have right game plan when it comes to Bills stadium financing It's hard to imagine a future without the Buffalo Bills in Western New York. Bills' games are regional happenings even when the team is bad, and a good team playing in Orchard Park can be a morale boost for the entire region, as those who remember the Bills' Super Bowl years can attest. There are economic benefits to having a professional team that surely are important to the residents and businesses that surround a team's facility.
- GLYNN: Hochul retains a low profile as running mate If you're still not convinced that politics makes strange bedfellows, consider the report claiming Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo has been keeping his running mate out of the spotlight.
- EDITORIAL: Going native is right approach We applaud the Seneca Nation's new commitment to plant only native flora and fauna on its properties and in its communities, including areas around the Seneca Niagara Casino and Hotel.
DELUCA: Chiropractic doc wants to help area vets
The idea came to her when she was running a half-marathon in June. Kristin Jacobsen is that type of person. The Pine Avenue chiropractor says she gets her best ideas when she runs. She also uses that time to pray.
- BRADBERRY: Really good summer reading, still great after all these years I am always impressed by the power of the pen, or, in today's parlance; the keyboard. Words can bring joy; they can also bring sorrow; they can bring life, they can be deadly, and they can bring justice which can often deliver neither joy nor sorrow.
- CONFER: Health care vouchers would really help our veterans When sending off our men and women to fight for our defense or interests abroad where they face the barrel of a gun or travel along bomb-strewn roads as a course of their daily duties, it only makes sense that upon their return we give our warriors some sort of reward, since most of them are paid peanuts for the risks they take.
CITY DESK: Out-Tesla'd in Niagara Falls
The idea hit me only a couple of weeks ago and now some folks in Long Island who are ahead of us in the game are taking advantage of the very thing I thought Niagara Falls may be able to latch onto.
- HIGGS: It all began in 1906 with another small group of worshippers It seems I keep repeating myself as I reflect on another one of our early congregations and their spiritual, physical and financial efforts to establish a house of worship to call their own.
- GLYNN: Shumer seeks place to honor Gen. Donovan The legendary William J. Donovan has lost the high profile that his outstanding service once claimed in downtown Buffalo.
- SINGER: We put ourselves in their hands We put ourselves in their hands -- doctors and specialists to whom they refer us, physiotherapists, nurses, lab staff et al. Not to mention road and bridge-repairers (vital in this region of potholes and aging infrastructure), firemen, farmers, food processors, conveyors (i.e., truckers), bus or train drivers, mechanics -- the list is obviously endless!
- More Opinion Headlines