- GUEST VIEW: Garbage overhaul too much for overtaxed city residents Mayor Paul Dyster has implemented a new recycling and refuse program for residents and business owners of Niagara Falls, which is a drastic cut in a basic and essential service that the over-taxed residents and business owners of Niagara Falls pay for and deserve to receive.
- LETTERS FROM THE ISLAND: Recounting the big role 'Woody' played The big-city paper last week carried a lengthy farewell to retired managing editor Elwood Wardlow. He made the obituary pages at the age of 90, after a distinguished career, with this exception:
- DAVIS: Standing up for winter in Western New York Everybody loves summer. So much so that for nine months of the year Western New Yorkers spend a portion of every day (and a larger portion of their Facebook status updates) complaining about the non-summer weather and pining for July. Who amongst us hasn't seen a picture of a group of friends on a beach pop up on their Facebook/Instagram/Twitter feed with a caption like "me and my crew at the beach last summer, wish we were there right now #TBT (Throw Back Thursday)."
- HAMILTON: Another Niagara Falls Boulevard hit-and-run, but who cares? At the cityâ€™s intersection of Niagara Falls Boulevard and the I-190 thereâ€™s a memorial sign thatâ€™s dedicated to a motorcyclist who lost his life at that very spot. I hate signs like that; they are so utterly depressing.
- GUEST VIEW: Tips to put an end to Shaken Baby Syndrome Shaken Baby Syndrome, also known as Abusive Head Trauma, is a form of child abuse in which a caregiver vigorously shakes a child, thereby resulting in traumatic brain injury.
GLYNN: No quick changes with NY marijuana law
That medical marijuana bill that Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed into law Monday won’t change things overnight. In fact, it may be early 2016 before eligible patients will be able to use the drug.
- GLYNN: Massive hunt for killer ended on Grand Island It was a murder destined to be seared into the conscience of this nation.
- SINGER: Thinking about an earlier era of instability Today's decadence, along with a Niagara gorge-like gulf between so-called Right and Left unfortunately remind one of Germany's Weimar Republic, before Hitler assumed power early in 1933, rapidly becoming a dictator.
- EDITORIAL: Old Falls Street isn't just for tourists There's no question Old Falls Street has revitalized downtown Niagara Falls.
- GUESTVIEW: Making a change in the city for the better, together It has been an honor to serve as your councilman in our great city of Niagara Falls for the last six months. Working cooperatively, we continue to work to improve the quality of life of residents, grow our tax base through economic development, and create an efficient city government.
- More Opinion Headlines