- SINGER: Locating the next Shaq or Bird? With hallowed college hoops programs thriving around here, plus March NCAA games held in Buffalo (featuring champ-to-be UConn, upstart Dayton and a winnowed 'Cuse), will some new Shaq or Bird be located?
COPS NOTEBOOK: Road rage and turkey shooting
It would be fair to say Ryan Jackson, of Youngstown, has had a difficult couple of weeks.
- LETTERS FROM THE ISLAND: Chronicling crime on the 'Island' Why is Rick Pfeiffer never around when you need him? The guy whose cubicle we shared during the Koop-Jasen-Rice era at Channel 4 now carefully chronicles criminals for the Gazette, notably those a few flakes short of Raisin Bran, but his crime wave is a mere ripple compared to ours.
- HAMILTON: The mirrors of my grandfather's fingernails What we do or don't do will have a greater impact upon our grandchildren's futures than what you might think.
- GLYNN: Moore had its offices in the 'Chocolate Building' That ugly assault on the former Moore Business Forms Inc. left a scar on a landmark structure that was once a pillar of Niagara industry.
- DELUCA: Young men at the summit Not too long ago Earl Bass was one of the young men in attendance at the annual Male Summit.
- GUEST VIEW: Straightening out Town of Lewiston's financial situation As the first three months of my administration has drawn to a close I want to once again thank the residents of Lewiston for the trust they placed in me during last years election. As you might recall one of my pledges to the residents was that I would bring transparency back to our town government and I am determined to keep my word to you. Open letters such as this are just one way to accomplish that.
- BRADBERRY: Say it with me -- this land is your land ... While we fret about where to place his statue, from beyond the site where he lay in faraway Belgrade, Serbia, Nikola Tesla is now providing the state park and the city of Niagara Falls with an opportunity to develop and coordinate some comprehensive planning for the long-term benefit of BOTH by forcing them to work out an agreement to relocate the statue where it belongs; according to some, with the last remaining original physical vestige of his actual presence here.
- GUEST VIEW: Full-day pre-K funding's a game-changer for New York We all know that schools here in Western New York face difficulties -- some of the most challenging in the state. One step toward helping long-term educational outcomes is giving our children a head start in their academic career through investing in early childhood education.
- CITY DESK: Trying to lend a hand Jim Gravelle does everything they tell you to do. He eats right, exercises regularly and doesn't smoke.
- More Opinion Headlines