Niagara Gazette —Contact Bill at firstname.lastname@example.org
- HIGGS: Beautify Niagara plans and the next landmark church I have had a lot on my plate recently during a time when I usually spend more time cleaning plates.
- GUEST VIEW: What's on Choolokian's agenda for 2014 It's critical for elected officials to periodically report to the voters, so I would respectfully like to use this space to update my fellow Niagara Falls residents as to the status of a number of City projects that I have been working on in cooperation with others.
- GLYNN: Spirit's stock soars on NYSE Talk to anyone who's ever flown Spirit Airlines and you're bound to hear the same complaints that passengers on other low-budget carriers always convey. The seats aren't exactly comfortable.
- SINGER: Living in a world of nukes Few around here need to be reminded of the Manhattan Project's environmental impact, and one sometimes wishes that Enrico Fermi, Niels Bohr et al. hadn't done research that eventually helped create a new, Dr. Strangelove weapon and world.
- LETTERS FROM THE ISLAND: Time to take stock of recent Island news Time's a-wastin', as our comic-strip cousin Snuffy Smith used to yowl when a new batch of moonshine came in. Tonight, 2 a.m. becomes 3 a.m. and we "lose" an hour's sleep in exchange for later daylight.
- HAMILTON: The Niagara Edition SUV and 1st Friday Club Even though Niagara Falls already has a tremendously famous name, can we make it even more famous than Nik Wallenda's Niagara tightrope walk here, was spray starch and shredded cereal enough for us? Do you think having a Niagara version of a major vehicle manufacturer's automobile is too much to ask?
- CHEERS AND JEERS: The best -- and worst --Â news of the week for March 7 In what was probably the least surprising news of the week, the Buffalo Bills and Rogers Communication officials announced they were putting the much-maligned Toronto game on hold this upcoming season.
DELUCA: Niagara parents considering move for medical marijuana
To really see how you really feel about medical marijuana, you'd have to meet Tony Tallarico. He's 9-years-old and just a beautiful kid, with dark eyes and dark hair. I met him just the other day in his Portage Road home and, as his mom and I talked, he sat in his wheelchair in the middle of his family's small living room repeatedly turning his head left and right, his eyes casting about the room as is he was searching for something.
- GLYNN: Tesla's name rebounds with new electric car It's rarely if ever mentioned, but a new car rapidly gaining consumer attention is named for a pioneer in the hydroelectric power industry at Niagara Falls.
- GUEST EDIT: Niagara Falls Community Report: A Bellwether Call for Action I applaud the Niagara Gazette for publishing the first of a series of stories on poverty in Niagara Falls.
- More Opinion Headlines