— Allow us to clear up a couple of things about the development of the city’s new culinary arts center.
CONFER: Who is behind the Common Core standards?
While the National Governors Association was instrumental in promoting and distributing the Common Core standards, it was an organization that calls itself Achieve, Inc. that created the standards themselves.
- CITY DESK: Missing Mom's already Here's all you need to know about Jim Catanese and his staff at Mom's Family Restaurant:
HIGGS: A closer look at First Presbyterian Church
Before we go too far into churches in Niagara Falls neighborhoods a little background information never hurts.
- GLYNN: Reporter taps into phone line to get scoop Cliff Spieler, a former Niagara Gazette reporter and editor, had an uncanny skill for getting a news story, despite the obstacles.
- SINGER: The recollection of hockey icons A long-running Sabres coach, whose tenure coincided with the span of many young fansâ€™ lives here, made a triumphant return earlier this fall at the helm of the Dallas Stars, receiving an ovation.
- LETTERS FROM THE ISLAND: Solemn day leads into festive moments on the island Doug was taking a bath, his Mom would tell him later. And Dad, a railroad researcher in Cleveland, would have been surveying his 34th birthday. He didn't make much of a fuss over himself and surely this day's news from Hawaii in 1941 would have terminated any plans for celebration.
- COPS NOTEBOOK: A holiday tale of woe In the spirit of the holiday season, allow me to offer some reminders when it comes to both buying and selling potential presents.
- HAMILTON: Red kettles, fire engines and Nadine's last Christmas Nadine lay in excruciating pain on the couch in her livingroom. The twenty-nine year-old had no hope of a cure in 1961; and as to not disturb their mom, Jacquelyn, then 10, kept her four younger siblings busy playing in the basement.
DELUCA: Can the dead really talk?
I am fascinated by mediums — people who say they can talk to the dead.
- GLYNN: Local history books prove popular for Christmas Every year at this time you hear the complaint that it's a a real chore to find the right Christmas gift.
- More Opinion Headlines
- CONFER: Who is behind the Common Core standards?