Niagara Gazette — • I hope for an optimistic national outlook on life, no matter what the economy or politicians are doing.
• I hope my family will continue to strive for excellence in all areas of their lives, especially spiritually, professionally and academically.
• I hope there will be a true end to the wars and that our military service men and women will be even more honored and respected for their sacrifice of service.
• I hope our nation will find a way to respect the rights of all citizens without hating each other for our differences.
• I hope that we will truly find a way to “disagree agreeably” and to agree with peace.
• I hope our shores will not be struck by another super storm, and that monster tornados will not touch down in the next season (or in the off season).
• I hope there will be an end to attacks on school campuses, that mass murder/suicides will end, that there will never be another incident like Sandy Hook that robs families of the innocence of childhood.
• I hope that the United States will be safe from terrorist attacks.
• I hope that more people will join in the fight against hunger.
• I hope that love will become the greatest motivation we have in the days ahead.
And I hope each of us will have a magnificent 2014!Jackie Davis is an inspirational vocalist, musician and speaker with over 20 years of television broadcast experience. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.