- Night & Day
- CALLERI: 'Palo Alto' offers a fresh take on those difficult high school years In "The Godfather," after the argument between Michael Corleone and casino owner Mo Green, during which Fredo Corleone gives his two cents, Michael turns to Fredo and says: "… you're my older brother, and I love you, but don't ever take sides with anyone against the family again. Ever."
Lorde coming to Artpark in September
Pop sensation Lorde will play a show at Artpark this September.
- Artists bring more outdoor sculptures to Artpark As a follow up to its 40th anniversary celebration of 16 temporary installations in 2013, Artpark will continue its visual arts renaissance and bring more artwork into the park this summer. Six large-scale semi-permanent sculptures will be constructed in the Historic Artpark Woods and along the red brick road.
Guitar competition welcomes eight of world's most talented young professionals
The classical guitar spotlight will shine on this area the week of June 2 when the JoAnn Falletta International Guitar Concerto Competition welcomes eight of the world's talented young professional guitarists.
- JENNINGS: Rod Stewart and Santana come to town It is the last week of May and we are getting very close the summer concert season kicking into full gear. We will start with a warning to you procrastinators, I advised a friend of mine to get his Hall & Oates tickets a couple of weeks ago when they were still on sale, and he waited too long, the June 10 show has sold out, as has the Ringo Starr show. If there is a show at Artpark this summer you want to see, you should plan to get tickets as soon as possible.
CCR bandmate talks up 'other' Fogerty
In 1995, longtime friends and musical collaborators Doug “Cosmo” Clifford and Stu Cook formed a band that would honor the band that brought them international fame in the 1960s. Nearly 20 years later, Creedence Clearwater Revisited is thrilling audiences with the music of Creedence Clearwater Revival, known affectionately as CCR.
- CALLERI: Poland and France go head-to-head against monsters and mutants Movie fans have been roaring into theaters to see the rebirth of two cinema franchises, the latest adventures of the X-Men with director Bryan Singer back behind the camera to entertain the mutants' loyal followers, and the much-loved reptilian behemoth known as Godzilla.
- 'Alice in Wonderland" comes alive in Lewiston June 1 A Mad Hatter's tea party, complete with a queen yelling "Off with their heads," and a duchess who shakes pepper on her baby, are all part of the "Alice in Wonderland," celebration being held June 1 in Lewiston by the Lewiston Council on the Arts. The highlight of the afternoon will be the 2 p.m. performance by Motus O Dance, with their interpretation of "Alice." The performance has been called an exhilarating adventure that spins audience members off into another land.
- JENNINGS: River will be rockin' in NT this summer This weekend marks unofficial beginning of the summer season, and you can celebrate with a teen idol from the late 1950s, a country group with spectacular harmonies, or a comedian that hosted one of my favorite late night shows.
- CALLERI: 'Belle,' 'Chef,' and 'Blended' look at love in different ways "Belle" is about racial prejudice. Loosely based on a true story, it's a quiet film about ingrained British behavior that's a blend of stiff-upper-lip class consciousness and Jane Austen-style romance.
- More Night & Day Headlines