- Night & Day
- CALLERI: New movie attempts to bridge cultures on the playing field "Million Dollar Arm" is loosely based on the true story of an arrogant sports agent (seriously, is there any other kind), who needs a career boost of his own. He's relentlessly smug, deeply dismissive of the attractive woman who lives next door to him, and is facing bankruptcy. So what does he do? He comes up with a gimmick he thinks will be his salvation.
- "Here We Sit" coming to Ghostlight Theatre The comedy "Here We Sit," written and directed by L. Don Swartz, will be presented at the Ghostlight Theatre, 170 Schenck Street in North Tonawanda at 7 p.m. Thursday, and at 8 p.m .Friday and Saturday and May 16, 17, 23, 24; and at 2 p.m May 25.
- JENNINGS: Joe Bonamassa highlights weekend acts There are three well respected national artists coming to the Buffalo area this weekend, but before we get to those shows I wanted to spread some love to a couple of Buffalo-area artists associated with the Hard Rock Café in Niagara Falls on the American side.
- Area theaters take a step back to 1937 with "Of Mice and Men" and "You Can't Take It With You" It's 1937 all over again on area stages. "You Can't Take It with You" and "Of Mice & Men," Broadway contemporaries 77 years ago, both opened Friday, separated by content and a continent, unified in their depiction of loyalty in desperate times.
- CALLERI: Woody, Zac, and a couple of vampires in Detroit Tired of superheroes? Three new movies explore human interaction in very different ways.
- 'How The Other Half Dies,' is free at NWHS this weekend A comedy about a man's misguided attempts to join a country club, will be performed three times, for free this weekend by students of the Niagara Wheatfield school district.
- JENNINGS: Ani DiFranco back home for Babeville show In case you missed it earlier this week, Artpark filled in the remaining pieces of their Tuesday and Wednesday series. They added six more Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees bringing the total to nine for the series. Sammy Hagar will make his first Tuesday appearance with former Van Halen bandmate Michael Anthony. Styx and Heart will be returning to the series as well.
- 'Curtains' set to close at Niagara Curtains rise and curtains fall, but the "Curtains" that's closing out Niagara University theater's 50th season waves of triumph once and future. Friday's show packed the Clune Theater, students in the throng cheering classmates as if at an athletic event.
- CALLERI: 'Spider-Man' doesn't quite amaze, but some dancing children do You know a movie's important when Hollywood's major motion picture studios decide not to open anything against it. In most of the United States, "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" has the weekend all to itself.
Aretha Franklin, Sammy Hagar among remaining Artpark acts
Artpark has released the final performers for the Tuesday in the Park and Coors Light Wednesdays outdoor concert series.
- More Night & Day Headlines