- Night & Day
- JENNINGS: Broaden your horizons this week It is the first weekend of 2014 and it is another slow one for entertainment in the region. But have no fear, we are just a few months away from spring and the calendar starting to fill up, but in the meantime, this weekend you can catch a comedy show at The Bearâ€™s Den and a punk rock band from Florida at the Town Ballroom.
- 'William & Ree' taking bringing their act to Seneca Niagara Casino on Saturday Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel welcomes hilarious musical comedy on Saturday as Williams & Ree performs twice inside the intimate 440-seat Bear's Den Showroom. The duo, commonly known as "The Indian and the White Guy," has performed together for 45 years.
- CALLERI: 'The Wolf Of Wall Street' stirs up unexpected controversy "The Wolf Of Wall Street, director Martin Scorsese's latest foray into biographical cinema, is a non-stop, pulsating adrenaline rush about Wall Street duplicity in the go-go 1990s as only Scorsese can deliver it.
- Revived New Year's ball dropping in NT Despite worries and concerns about the future of the Gateway Harbor New Year's Eve Ball Drop in the Twin Cities -- so much so that organizers actually declared the ball drop canceled in October -- the event is back on and plans are coming into focus for Tuesday's festivities.
- In Wilson, ball dropping twice New Year's Eve The village of Wilson will celebrate the new year with music, snack vendors and two ball drops. The Lil' Apple Family Ball Drop, a family friendly event, will begin at 7 p.m. culminating with the first drop at 9 p.m. At midnight, a second drop will usher in 2014.
- UpstateLIVE lists Artpark ampitheater among best large venues Artpark has been named to a pretty lofty list of concert venues by a state music guide.
- CALLERI: Are you going to the movies this holiday season? Here are six new choices If you think Santa carries a mixed bag of treats, wait until you visit your local movie theater and take a look at the variety of films available, including the new Christmas holiday pictures that run the gamut from goofy comedy to serious biography to something I'm calling a pastel fantasy.
- JENNINGS: Closing out 2013 on many high notes Lots of great music is coming to the area to close out 2013, including a former beauty queen, a Canadian legend, 1960s chart toppers, an influential folk singer and a Grammy Award-winning hard rock band from the 1980s.
- A rare local performance from Vanessa Williams Vanessa Williams will forever hold the distinction of being the first African American Miss America less than 15 years after the pageant even allowed African American women to compete. That should not only be a source of pride and distinction for Ms. Williams, it should be a source of pride for the state she represented, our great state of New York.
Upcoming local film "Scope of Practice" shines spotlight on domestic violence
The Buffalo/Niagara film community had a busy 2013 with plenty of high-profile and low-budget movies shooting throughout much of Western New York.
- More Night & Day Headlines