- Night & Day
- CALLERI: Movies on a plane, and Clint Eastwood's "Jersey Boys." Trans-Atlantic plane rides can be tedious. Few things gladden a reviewer's heart more than when the movie choices available on a long flight prove to be surprising, and even outstanding.
- Three days of art and music on Old Falls Street "The Voice" contestant, Keith Shuskie and his band Den of Lions, is performing on Friday to kick off the Niagara Falls Art & Music Festival on Friday. The festival will continue through Sunday on Old Falls Street with a wide variety of live music and artists from throughout the region.
- 'All-Starr' show set for Artpark features a former Beatle Since 1989, Ringo Starr has toured the world with his All "Starr" bands. The concept is simple enough, find a group of six or seven musicians who each have a few hits, throw them onstage with the former drummer of Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, and see what happens.
- JENNINGS: Trio of guitar masters in town this week There is quite a collection of great shows coming to the area over the next week in addition to our visit from Beatle Ringo Starr on Tuesday. There are three respected guitarists and one of the worldâ€™s best bass players coming to the area. In addition, the Xerox International Jazz Festival kicks off in Rochester, and if you love music and have never attended the event you should definitely make the trip.
- Happy with just half a Widespread Panic show Over the years, I have been to my share of concerts where Mother Nature stole the show. Last year's Counting Crows show in Buffalo comes to mind, as does last year's Blue Rodeo show at Artpark. Tuesday night's Widespread Panic show will go down in my personal history as one of the strangest weather-related memories of all.
- CALLERI: Movie map highlights Australia, England, and Gonzo America This week's new movies journey around the English-speaking world with stops at various points on the madness scale.
- 'Panic' at the Artpark concert series Next week's Tuesdays in the Park Artpark show features a headline performance from Widespread Panic. It's an early start, the band hits the stage at 6:30 p.m. for the first of two sets.
- JENNINGS: Festivals, concert series, 'Guitar Gods,' oh my Artpark will be in full swing over the next week with two shows at the Mainstage, a weekend festival, the second Tuesday's in the Park show, and the first installment of the Coors Light Wednesday's series. The annual Taste of Country event at Coca-Cola Field takes place Friday as well.
- Battle for empire returns to Fort Niagara during July 4 weekend Old Fort Niagara will hold its 35th annual French and Indian War Encampment July 4-6. The event is the largest re-enactment of the year at the fort and features hundreds of authentically clad French, British and Native American participants.
Morrissey's Artpark show cancelled
The Morrissey concert on Monday at the Artpark Mainstage Theater has been cancelled. Morrissey’s management has released this statement:
- More Night & Day Headlines