- Night & Day
- Nickel City Opera asks "Would You Kill for Love?" New York's Metropolitan Opera now offers its Saturday afternoon productions in movie theaters across the country. What you see in Lincoln Center is what you get on a large screen in your hometown, and that's called "live opera."
- Rain can't dampen Ringo and his All-Starrs Greatest Tuesday in the Park show ever? It's up for debate, but making the case for Ringo and his 12th All Starr Band as the greatest show in the 40-year history of Artpark is not a difficult task by any means.
SLIDESHOW: Fans weather storm for Ringo Starr at Artpark
Former Beatles drummer Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band entertained the crowd at Artpark Tuesday night following a one-hour delay due to a storm blowing through the area.
- CALLERI: Movies on a plane, and Clint Eastwood's "Jersey Boys." Trans-Atlantic plane rides can be tedious. Few things gladden a reviewer's heart more than when the movie choices available on a long flight prove to be surprising, and even outstanding.
- Three days of art and music on Old Falls Street "The Voice" contestant, Keith Shuskie and his band Den of Lions, is performing on Friday to kick off the Niagara Falls Art & Music Festival on Friday. The festival will continue through Sunday on Old Falls Street with a wide variety of live music and artists from throughout the region.
- 'All-Starr' show set for Artpark features a former Beatle Since 1989, Ringo Starr has toured the world with his All "Starr" bands. The concept is simple enough, find a group of six or seven musicians who each have a few hits, throw them onstage with the former drummer of Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, and see what happens.
- JENNINGS: Trio of guitar masters in town this week There is quite a collection of great shows coming to the area over the next week in addition to our visit from Beatle Ringo Starr on Tuesday. There are three respected guitarists and one of the worldâ€™s best bass players coming to the area. In addition, the Xerox International Jazz Festival kicks off in Rochester, and if you love music and have never attended the event you should definitely make the trip.
- Happy with just half a Widespread Panic show Over the years, I have been to my share of concerts where Mother Nature stole the show. Last year's Counting Crows show in Buffalo comes to mind, as does last year's Blue Rodeo show at Artpark. Tuesday night's Widespread Panic show will go down in my personal history as one of the strangest weather-related memories of all.
- CALLERI: Movie map highlights Australia, England, and Gonzo America This week's new movies journey around the English-speaking world with stops at various points on the madness scale.
- 'Panic' at the Artpark concert series Next week's Tuesdays in the Park Artpark show features a headline performance from Widespread Panic. It's an early start, the band hits the stage at 6:30 p.m. for the first of two sets.
- More Night & Day Headlines