- Night & Day
Things get heavy at Artpark as Megadeth takes the stage
It was mega-loud and mega-fast at Artpark Tuesday night as soon as thrash metal pioneers Megadeth hit the stage for a 90-minute set. Dave Mustaine and crew performed to an enthusiastic albeit smaller than usual crowd mostly clad in black clothing.
CALLERI: Two documentaries and a visit to the new apes planet make moviegoing interesting
"Walking The Camino: Six Ways To Santiago" follows six people participating in the famous 500-mile pilgrimage from St.-Jean-Pied-de-Port in the Pyrenees in France to the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela in Spain's Galicia region where, legend has it, the remains of the apostle St. James The Great are entombed.
Golfing under the stars supports aquarium penguins
Glo-Golf is the name of the game for Friday's Aquarium of Niagara fundraiser — golfers spend the first few hours playing in daylight, break for a buffet dinner and play the rest of the game under the stars.
- Artpark offering something a little different this Tuesday with Megadeth On Tuesday Artpark welcomes thrash metal pioneers Megadeth to Lewiston for the seventh installment of the popular series. They are part of the "Big Four" in the thrash metal genre, with Anthrax, Slayer and founding member Dave Mustaine's former band, Metallica.
- REVIEW: Meandering melodrama "Third Person," is structured like "Crash." Lightning doesn't strike twice for writer-director Paul Haggis with "Third Person," a meandering melodrama that is structured exactly like his "Crash," which undeservedly won the 2006 Academy Award for best picture over the much better "Brokeback Mountain." Haggis again tries to juggle multiple storylines, but this time the plot threads unravel and nothing we see or hear is very engaging.
- NURT Troupe performs free for kids
- Weekend music includes "The Voice" tour at Seneca Niagara The busy summer concert season continues this weekend with some great shows coming to the region including iconic southern rockers, a gifted singer-songwriter and a country superstar.
- Party at the Echo Mansion
- Taste of Buffalo revs up for another season
- Olde Sanborn Days features Chainsaw Chix
- More Night & Day Headlines
- Things get heavy at Artpark as Megadeth takes the stage