Niagara Gazette — Raise your beer stein high and give “Prost” to the 4th annual Old Falls Street Oktoberfest, hosted by the Downtown Niagara Falls Business Association from 1 to 8 p.m. today on Old Falls Street. The free German-themed event will be held rain or shine.
Live German-themed entertainment will be provided throughout the day by the German American Musicians, the Bergholz German Band, the Alphorn Society of Western New York, and the SGTV Edelweiss Dancers. Festival guests will also enjoy a wide variety of traditional German food, beer and wine vending, as well as other food and merchandise vendors.
Oktoberfest also features free children’s activities in the Kidtoberfest Zone including a petting zoo, bounce house, arts and crafts, balloon art, complimentary root beer and pretzels and much more. Walter C. Falls, the Old Falls Street mascot, will also be on hand wearing his lederhosen.
“Old Falls Street’s Oktoberfest has become the marquee fall event for Downtown Niagara Falls,” said Global Spectrum’s Ryan Coate, general manager of Old Falls Street, USA and the Conference & Event Center Niagara Falls.
New this year is the Kan-toberfest Kan Jam Tournament, beginning at 2 p.m. The tournament is sponsored by Niagara Falls Community Development, Niagara University’s ReNU Program, and Live NF.
Other scheduled activities are as follows:
• 1 p.m. — Oktoberfest kicks off with the Traditional Tapping of the Kegs under the Main Entertainment Tent
• 1 to 4 p.m. — Live Music by the Bergholz German Band
• 3 to 5 p.m. — Live Performance by the SGTV Edelweiss Dancers
• 3 to 7 p.m. — Live Performance by the Alphorn Society of Western New York
• 4 to 8 p.m. — Live Music by The German American Musicians
• Noon — Traditional tapping of the kegs under the main tent
• 12 to 4 p.m. — Live Music by the Bergoltz German Band
• 5 to 9 p.m. — Live Music by the German American Musicians
Children's activities — Free, noon to 5 p.m.
• Bounce house
• Petting zoo
• Duck Pond game
• Arts & crafts
• Free apple cider, bags of pretzels and root beer for children under 12
For more information, visit or www.FallsStreet.com or visit the official Old Falls Street Oktoberfest Facebook page.