NIAGARA FALLS — The Niagara Arts and Cultural Center is once again hosting its Beyond the Barrel exhibit at the Pine Avenue facility — but it needs a few more artists for the show.
The annual Beyond the Barrel Art Exhibition in the main gallery will have its opening reception from 6 to 8 p.m. June 22 at the NACC and will feature music by the Tripi-Daniels Duo . In addition, acclaimed local artist Paula Sciuk, who is a member of the Buffalo Society of Artists, will be featured in a solo exhibit in the Garden Gallery.
This year’s exhibition does not have a particular theme; therefore, it is open to all artistic interpretations of all mediums and genres. The judge for the exhibition will be John Massier who is the visual arts curator at Hallwalls Contemporary Art Center in Buffalo. Digital entries received via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31 will be considered for use on the exhibition post card announcement.
• Art must be available for sale — and price must include a 25 percent commission for the NACC in your sell price
• Prizes for 1st - $300, 2nd - $200, 3rd - $100, 4th - $50 will be awarded at the opening reception
• The exhibition is open to all artists. All artwork must be original and made by the artist
• The installers are not responsible for preparing work for installation and work that is not suitable for hanging will not be accepted
• Two-dimensional works must be framed and wired for installation
• Three-dimensional works must have a clean, non-abrasive base or be mounted on a pedestal
• Entries can be made any day from June 4 and the deadline for entry into the exhibition is June 17
The Gallery reserves the right to exclude any artwork that it feels is unacceptable to the general public or does not fit with the presentation of the exhibition.
For more information, contact Bob Drozdowski at the NACC office at 282-7530 or e-mail email@example.com.