Tickets for the Flaming Lips at Artpark will go on sale Friday at 10 a.m.
- Night & Day
- Local movie "Boys 2 Men" premieres to great public response When Niagara Falls musician Torez Lamar approached local filmmaker Orundi Colvin about making a music video, neither had any idea that they would end up selling out two theater showings with the result.
- JENNINGS: Willie Nile, Blues Brothers Revue highlight week The artists keep flowing into the area and this weekend there are more than enough solid offerings to satisfy various musical tastes.
- Cocktail Festival returns with two-day run in Lewiston More than 10 restaurants, bars and retailers will join together to encourage patrons to "Quench their thirst for History" at the second annual "Lewiston Cocktail Festival."
- SEAsonings warms things up at Aquarium of Niagara Had enough slipping and sliding, sneezing and freezing? No need for cold medicine, just drop by the Aquarium of Niagara from 6 to 9 p.m. on Thursday. It's time for our annual winter fundraiser, SEAsonings - The Original Taste of Niagara.
- CALLERI: '300' sequel and 'Omar' light up area screens this week The motion picture awards seasons is officially over. You may now relax and move about the cabin, or rather, your favorite movie theater. A couple of new films, "300: Rise Of An Empire" and "Omar," are seeking your attention.
- CALLERI: One sure thing, and a tough best picture race highlight Oscars Last August, in this newspaper, I essentially gave the 2014 Academy Award for best actress to Cate Blanchett for her extraordinary performance as the delusional, self-absorbed Jasmine French in Woody Allen's exceptional "Blue Jasmine."
- The Straits team with BPO to rock Buffalo Dire Straits ranks amongst the bestselling artists of all time, all six of their studio albums achieved Platinum status or better in the UK and Gold status or better in the U.S.
- JENNINGS: Many musical acts to choose from this week There is no shortage of great shows this weekend, including three tribute bands, a legendary southern rock band, a great blues band and a pioneer from the psychedelic rock era.
- The Stooges are back at the Riviera Theatre Saturday's Stoogefest at the Riviera Theatre, offering seven or so episodes featuring the Three Stooges and enough raffles, door prizes and comedy to keep the faithful -- typically clad in Stooge regalia -- laughing all night, is in its third year as a winter event.
Ale is well at the NACC's Art of Beer on Thursday
Tom McCormick saw the Niagara Arts and Cultural Center for the first time on Tuesday, in preparation for his restaurant's participation in Thursday's Art of Beer fundraiser.
- More Night & Day Headlines