NIAGARA FALLS — Members of the Niagara Falls Fire Department, U.S. Army, NYS Parks Police, Niagara County Sheriffs and Niagara Falls Ontario Police Honor Guard participate Wednesday morning at the raising of The Patriot Flag on Goat Island. The flag is on a national tour that began on Sept. 10, 2010 and ends this August to call upon communities across the nation to display the flag and remember the tragedy of 9/11 and those who died that day, and show appreciation for all who serve to protect the nation through military service and public safety professions. The 30-by-55-foot Patriot Flag was flown from atop a Niagara Falls Fire Department ladder truck for approximately 55 minutes, which is equal to the elapsed time between the collapse of the first tower and the second tower on Sept. 11, 2001.
- SLIDESHOW: Memorial Day Weekend 2012 From Niagara Falls to Youngstown, residence celebrated Memorial Day weekend by attending memorial services, parades and enjoying the out doors.
VIDEO: Penguin Love at the Aquarium of Niagara
Step inside the penguin exhibit to get a preview of the romantic event!
- SLIDESHOW: Veterans Day marked in Town of Niagara, area eateries The Town of Niagara Lions and Lioness clubs held their annual Veterans Day ceremony at 11 a.m. at Veterans Heights Park.
VIDEO: Nor'easter brings new snow, wind to Connecticut
A nor'easter brought Connecticut its first snowfall of the season along with gusty, potentially damaging winds on Wednesday, only days after Superstorm Sandy knocked out power to hundreds of thousands of customers.
- SLIDESHOW: Easter morning service at Fort Niagara
- SLIDESHOW: Volunteers Search for Judith Volunteers gathered on 102nd Street in Niagara Falls to search for the missing Judith Burr, 67. Shortly after the search began, the body of Judith was found in the dense brush just east of 102nd Street.
- SLIDESHOW: Niagara Charter School Niagara Charter School opened with an initial enrollment of 264 students in grades kindergarten through fourth. The school has added fifth and sixth grade students since then and this year has an enrollment of about 350 students. This year, staff members are preparing to prove to the State Education Department that it made the right choice in allowing them to open the doors back in 2006.
- SLIDESHOW: 20 must-see films for the holiday season One of the best ways to relax and remove yourself from the season’s stress is by taking time to curl up with a cup of hot cocoa or cider and watch holiday-themed films.
- 102nd T-NT Classic North Tonawanda runs over Tonawanda 40-14 in the 102nd T-NT matchup at North Tonawanda
SLIDESHOW: Day of Prayer service
Community Missions of Niagara Frontier held the prayer service as part of A National Day of Prayer for Mental Illness Recovery and Understanding.
- More Multimedia Headlines