- Local News
- NASCAR driver Kasey Kahne visits Tonawanda GM plant NASCAR star Kasey Kahne, who drives a General Motors car on the track, visited the company's Tonawanda Engine plant on Wednesday for a meet-and-greet to promote the upcoming race at Watkins Glen.
- Woman charged in NT arsons being held without bail Michelle Johnston, 41, of North Tonawanda is facing two additional counts of second degree arson and one count of falsely reporting an incident after police arrested her in connection to the fire at 7 Fifth Ave., early Sunday and for allegedly setting her own home, at 15 Fifth Ave., on fire early Wednesday morning.
- Demolition work begins on Mill Street building in Lockport Demolition efforts began at 10 a.m. Wednesday on the 89 Mill St. property. Owned by Liberty Plant Maintenance Inc. of Texas, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will demolish the boiler house down to its foundation. The contents of the basement are still unknown and will be handled once the 13,000 square-foot building is removed.
- Criminal probe of Cuomo administration urged Political foes of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo called Wednesday for prompt criminal investigation of his administration following a news report that his office thwarted attempts by his own special corruption commission to investigate groups with ties to him.
Unruly teenager leads to shutdown of 800 block of Armory Place
A teenager who refused to cooperate with representatives from Child Protective Services caused Niagara Falls police to shut down part of a city street for about an hour Wednesday morning.
Man who crossed lower Niagara River in kayak to escape prosecution gets more jail time
Another state prison term has been handed down to a New Jersey man who fled to Canada across the lower Niagara River just before he was due to be sentenced for stealing from his neighbors after Tropical Storm Irene.
Michael Marra announces sudden resignation from Lewiston Town Board
Lewiston Town Councilman Michael J. Marra announced his resignation today, effective July 25, from the town board.
Home on 20th Street reportedly shot at again
Falls police were called to a home on the 2700 block of 20th Street about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday for a report of shots fired.
Police say NT arson suspect arrested again after setting fire to her own home
A 5th Avenue woman has been arrested once again, accused of setting more fires on the street she lives on, according to the North Tonawanda Police Department.
- Legislator takes aim at Town of Niagara IDA A Niagara County lawmaker wants to eliminate what he considers to be a redundancy in local government by disbanding the industrial development agency that serves the Town of Niagara.
- More Local News Headlines