- Local News
Whirlpool Bridge closing to Canada-bound traffic for a month
The Whirlpool-Rapids International Bridge will be closed to Canada-bound traffic from Sept. 2 to Oct. 9 due to the instillation of a second primary inspection lane within the Canada plaza.
- Group directing Tesla museum to former power plant site in Falls A group of citizens has formed an informal group to move forward a plan to honor Nikola Tesla with a museum at the Adams Power Plant Transformer House.
- Destino says he'll work with Wallenda on creating Falls attraction The Democratic candidate for the New York State Senate's 62nd District seat vowed Thursday to help aerialist Nik Wallenda in his efforts to develop a permanent attraction in Niagara Falls.
- Wheelchair dealer takes a two-year plea deal A wheelchair-bound drug dealer has decided to make a deal with prosecutors rather than stand trial a second time.
- North Tonawanda arson suspect appears in court Fifth Avenue arson suspect Michelle Johnston made her first court appearance in North Tonawanda City Court Thursday after being charged with two additional felony counts of arson and one count of falsely reporting an incident.
- Elderly Tonawanda woman arraigned on murder charge Phyllis Eson was calm and composed Thursday afternoon as she faced a town judge for allegedly beating her 89-year-old husband to death earlier this month.
Three more shooting incidents hit the city Wednesday and Thursday
When the police radio crackled Thursday afternoon with word of yet another shooting, even Police Superintendent Bryan DalPorto answered the call.
- Group gathers to support drone mission at Falls air base Six military veterans gathered outside the Niagara Falls Air Force Reserve Station on Thursday waving hand-made signs in support of bringing a drone piloting program to the region.
City street shut down after teen lashes out at CPS worker, barricades himself in home
A teenager who refused to cooperate with representatives from Child Protective Services caused Niagara Falls police to shut down part of a city street for about an hour Wednesday morning.
- County Democrats cry foul over Marra resignation In a surprise announcement, Lewiston Town Councilman Michael J. Marra announced Wednesday he is resigning from the town board on Friday.
- More Local News Headlines
- Whirlpool Bridge closing to Canada-bound traffic for a month