- Local News
City parking overhaul put on hold
Mayor Paul Dyster's push to overhaul downtown parking has hit a speed bump.
- State Police arrest three for DWI New York State Police made three DWI arrests this weekend in separate incidents throughout the county.
- Local farmers happy with Farm Bill change Western New York apple growers --a major segment of the state's producers -- quickly welcomed the new Farm Bill provision that should expedite the exports of apples from New York State to Canada.
- Senecas purchase Henrietta property for planned Monroe County casino The Seneca Gaming Corp. has been exploring the possibility of expanding its gaming empire into Monroe County.
- Toronto developer close to buying Summit mall wants to reopen facility Though nothing has been formally finalized, it's looking like the Summit mall has just about been sold.
- State agency awaiting audits from Joseph Davis State Park group The New York State Authorities Budget Office is still waiting for annual audits and budget reports from a local development corporation created to oversee operations at Joseph Davis State Park.
- Covanta issued notice of violation issued over failure to report fire Covanta Niagara has been issued a notice of violation by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation for failing to report a fire to the agency within the required time frame.
- Niagara Falls veteran receives full honors at Arlington National Cemetery In life, Eugene Corsaro hoped to one day be buried at the Arlington National Cemetery, in death, the marine and army reserve veteran of the Korean War got exactly what he wanted.
- Voutour elected to post on state Sheriffs' Association Niagara County Sheriff James Voutour was elected Second Vice President of the New York State Sheriffs' Association last week at the organization's 80th annual Winter Training Conference at the Desmond in Albany.
POVERTY IN NIAGARA: Map shows poverty rates in the Falls
A map of Niagara Falls showing rates of poverty as part of the Community Report prepared by the John R. Oishei Foundation and the University at Buffalo’s Regional Institute.
- More Local News Headlines
- City parking overhaul put on hold